Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hi guys

just wanted to know wats everyones fave face wash...

i have to say...i used to love the biore one with beads...skin feels so soft after using it...but acne control clearisil is good too...

ames

Face washes are the skin industries bullshit that gives you more pimples, honestly if you have mild-moderate skin (most of us here) you should just use:

WATER

biggrin.gif It's my favorite at least.

water? What about cetaphil or something?

I use Biore now but I think I should get something else

Guest Avian

Simple Soap, which obviously isn't a face wash but it's very easy on the skin.

Face washes are the skin industries bullshit that gives you more pimples, honestly if you have mild-moderate skin (most of us here) you should just use:

WATER

Guest Avian

By the way, once a chemist told me that the more chemicals you put on your face, the more likely it is to get irritated and/or worsen acne. So it's often best to stick with soap if you're using topicals.

Guest Avian

Weirdly enough, simple soap doesn't dry out my skin. I think drying out is usually caused by other non-essential chemicals in soap, like those that give it fragrance and colour.

WATER

By the way, once a chemist told me that the more chemicals you put on your face, the more likely it is to get irritated and/or worsen acne. So it's often best to stick with soap if you're using topicals.

cetaphil, cetaphil, cetaphil, cetaphil, cetaphil....its water with a mild thickening agent and detergent. non-drying, you can rub it in your eyes and its doesnt hurt at all, good for dried out retin-a, differin, tazorac, accutane, etc. skin and good for oily skin because it doesnt strip your face off. its just, refreshing.....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

XXXpcXXX

ps. no cleanser can clean inside your pores....if it did, your face would bleed all over the place. getting pores clean is extraction, topical meds like retin-a and accutane, which force the contents of the pore out (hence initial breakouts).

I started using Efaclar gel cleanser. My derm recommended it it. It's not soap, but a gel wash with a ph of 5.5. I like it, but I'm not sure if it's working.

I love Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser (contains SA).

In the 16 years I've had acne, this has done the best job of keeping it at bay. I've only been using it for a few months, and plan to keep on using it! smile.gif

my fav's:

Reviva Labs cleansing emulsion (oil-based, water-soluble cleanser --gentle, removes makeup very well, rinses off cleanly with water, very good at dissolving blackheads since it is oil-based)

St. Ives makeup removing cleanser (water-oil emulsion, gentl, doesn't remove makeup as well as the one above, more chemicals than one above, rinses off cleanly with water, $3 at Target)

Tushie or seventh generation baby wipes - no detergents or soap, aloe vera gel based, gentle preservatives