Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asianguy

Mild acne, is 40 mg too much to start off with?

I have mild...to somewhat moderate acne...but persistent acne. My doctor just put me on 40mg a day, but i been reading a lot and read that some with mild acne are only taking 30mg or 20mg a day...is 40mg too much for me? Im just scared of the side effects..because when i took mino, it dried the hell out of my face. Should i tell my derm to lower my dosage or 40mg is ok to start off with?

hey asian!

i had started with 20 milligrams, too, and unfortunately , made the tests too late (5 days into accutane) and my body's 'parameters' weren't too good to be glad about... I've got raised lipidogramme - cholesterole level is 6.2 or so and triglycerides are 2.8!!!

I also have (had?) mild acne and so far I'm not dissapointed with accutane but thinking of lifting the dosage up to 40 mgs , pocket permitting :) . but after 2 weeks my skin's gone very dry (but my lips n eyes havn't yet so i can use contacts up to date :D ) but it's quite difficult to use topical zorac (i think of refraining from it in a few days...)

and i wash my skin only once a day - it does improve my skin condition!

i'll just say: start with 20 mg's, why not? - it's better to start low and climb up than to start too high and fall down altogether (doesn't any asian saying say so :lol: )

seeya

If you start 20mg/day that means it will double your taking time. from 40mg. im asian weight 130 pounds and im on 40mg on day A and 80mg on day B and so on... i haven't experience any side effects... except dry lips, rash, nose bleed. got my blood test. things were fine. you need a certain amount of accutane in your body to make your acne go away. starting low would only make your treatment longer. if you want fast results just listen to yoru doctor they know what their doing. and all those terrible side effects your hearing ppl are just being bastards.. im on it and nothing bad happened to me... just a little price to pay for clear skin.

hey bboy, im just like you man, just trying to get thro this acne thing. im 130 pounds asian..viet to be exact...i noticed that asians got it rough when it comes to acne..all my boys got it....how is your treatment going? hit me up.

hey man

i started on 20mg and takin it for 6 months its good to start low i have a derm appointment in 1 week n i think he'll up my dosage

i been takin it for 2 weeks now n yeah i think i've finished my breakout thing and my face is clearin just left with few brown marks

i'm also azn, cambodian/chin to be exact

anywayz gl bro

Hey AsianGuy,

What up bro! I'm an asian too. Just started today also. Damn scared, hope everything works well for the both of us.

haha word....i can see i got a lot of love in here...good luck to u too warrior..what nat are you? and how many mg are you taking?

Im vietnamese American...and im doing 40mg a day too...a lot in common mang...how long you think this treatment is going to take? probably ends when school starts up again huh?

by the way..what do you guys do..like for work..or in school? any girls ya wanna hook me up with? hahah nosa.

Im Caucasian...can i join your group too...if you remove the cauc...that makes me asian...so can i?...please... :)

Hey! I'm a Filipino/Black gal, and I agree that Asians get this acne shit bad. I also scar easily, so its even worse! I have been on accutane for almost a month now and I take 40mg 2x/day. I weigh 135 pounds and the only side effects so far have been hella dry lips and flaky scalp. I also seem to have lost my appetite. Its cool though because I am going to Hawaii this summer to visit family and get married, so I'll look better in my two piece :) The Accutane has done wonders for me so far, so just drink lots of water and keep your chin up - it will get better!

hey wassup hikaya...how's things...can't believe im starting to attract girls on this tread...its all good...so your flip/black? do you look like that girl melissa from real world?..lol...

no doubt 50 cent.holla..its a acne thing..its not a color thing.

im a honger 16... id unnoa bout asians getting much acne not many ppl get mucha cne in my high school. and not many asians get i think at my school its like a even/even asian/caucasian.. accutane is working for me but really slowly im on it already for 6-7 weeks. can't wait until it clears even more. but asianguy first - fourth week is gona be hell... your face gona look so pimplish... that its so gross. but then goes away.. and slowly everything should clear up..

hey yall..wat kind of moisterizer are ya using? im using that neutrogena spf 15 and its ok..any suggestion thats better?

Yo Whatup Bros,

Im just finished school. Just graduated honours business and lookin into launchin my own business so I definitly need a clear complexion for all those business meetings and all. I am usin Cetaphil moisturizer SPF 15 at the moment and I hope its strong enough. It was pretty sunny today and even though I have been on it for 1 day, I thinkI can already feel my skins sensitivity to the sun, since I was out in the sun almost all day. Can't wait to pop the second one tonight!!! Talk to yall then!

hey how's the cetaphil lotion? i might try it because i dont think the neutrogena is strong enough..im starting to see the dryness..and its only the second day..hopefully i can overcome this...what type of business are you going into warrior?

Yo whatup,

Damn, already seeing the dryness! Well the cetaphil is alright for me, but only on it for a day and I dont even put it on my whole face yet. If your face gets severly dry like mine has before from the cold and frequent washing, then cetaphil does not work.

As for my business, its a services focused business that saves peeps lots of hard earned cash. Thats all I can say for now, sorry asianguy!

Hello all:

I use Cetaphil with SPF 15 and it has been great for me. I am pretty dry now that I am on 80mg a day, so I use a good amount in the mornings.

And I don't look like Melissa from the Real World. My hair is really thick, long and curly and I am not as thin as her - got a little more junk in the trunk :) Most people think I look more Hawaiin or Brazilian, but I guess that's a subjective thing. I am 25 and I am a lawyer. I live on the East Coast now, but I am originally from SF - a true Bay Area Cali girl at heart.

Well, I just thought I'd write about something other than skin problems. So far so good with the Accutane. I'm in my third week, so I'll keep you all posted...

Hey guys whats going on?

Third day on accutane and side effects have yet to come, but eventually they will, so I better be prepped. As for the last copuple of days, I have felt my increased sensitivity to the sun since I was washin my car yesterday and I think I got a slight burn (never do that again). Got a few new pimples, but I dunno if thast from acutane or not. My oil production has remained the same. Well, 3 pills down and what seems like a zillion to go! What about you guys? Lets hear an update!!!

oh yea third day for me also...my face is alittle alittle titty bitty dry..not trying to jinks myself..i got like 3 new white heads...not sure either if it was the accutane..or pigging out at my boys house and staying there til 3 in the morning playing games...oh well its the weekend...but other than that..im feeling good, had a good day i guess...anyone following the nba playoffs?

so hikaya, wat part of the east coast are you from?

I'm 21 asian girl. I start my accutane on 20mg a day. I've been into the 4th month of my 1st course of accutane. I think 20mg is enough to work on mild to moderate acne. I do not encounter any serious side effects, and have not experienced any low appetide problem.