Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
knice

whats going on?!?!?!?!?!

i thought i had pretty good mirrors in my house, good lighting, all that. i look at myself in the mirrors and its like pretty clear complexion and very small scarring and i dont even sweat that. so i go around thinkin my face is all good but then i will run into a certain mirror when i look at it its like BAMMM! youre a scarred ass mothafucker. its usually mirrors where theres sunlight coming in usually thro a sun roof(i live in a very sunny area). its horrible, a lot of pits and bumps and weird shapes n things that i dont see in any other mirrors! mirrors at my house, in the car, whatever these things dont show up. i want to know if this is really how i appear? surely if it was someone would comment on it? it throws me into a depression and my parents will be like "thats what youre so down about?"

nobody mentions it, friends, girls, whatever. they say im a cute guy and even say im conceided?!?!?! the other day these cute girls stopped while i was strollin and said "hey youre hot want a ride". wtf??? do these people see the same thing i do when i look thro some of these mirrors? ill wake up look in the mirror and be like damn my face looks good, something id never imagen myself ever being able to say in the past. then i catch a glimpse in another mirror and it looks bad and i think to myself not having a tore up face is just a pipe dream, its too good to be true i guess im a fool. i dont know whats the real deal and dont know how to cope. if it wasnt such a sensitive subject for me i could ask people and i know theyd be all "naw it looks straight" and i know im my worst critic and probably the hardest on myself but that doesnt take away from the fact that i see what i see. i dunno, its enuff to make me want to kill myself, im not suicidal but these thoughts have been coming to me. im just tired. not to sound superficial but you guys all know the deal, no matter how bad or good our cases our i think we all pretty much deal with the same feelings.

also for the longest time i didnt even know i had scares? i dont know if theyre new or what? i have no clue what condition my skin is in. im not even after "perfection".

this is what i see when i look in most mirrors. i messed with them a little so u could see detail better.

MVC-008F.jpg?bc44wp.AhrPP8p23

MVC-010F.jpg?bc44wp.A0OOFReo4

MVC-009F.jpg?bc44wp.AxRrD46fj

see, not bad right??? a little scared and messed up but i could deal with that! (and scrubbed out, i should shave) plus usually im real tan. i could handle lookin like that, but when i hit the other mirrors its like BAAM! all 3d mad bumps n pits n shit makin my face lookin all tore up and disfigured. i cant handle it anymore.

i hosted the pics on yahoo, i guess theyre not coming up.

if anyone knows how to post up pics or could host mine let me know.

thanks

ya i have the same problem as you do. My bathroomis realy bright in the daytime (sunlight) and i see my face normal...but when i go to a room full of flourescent lighting, it look horrible...

what kind of light bulbs does your house use?

and im interested in seeing those '3d' pictures...

see ya

im not sure what kind of lightbulbs, probably just normal ones or whatever.

the last pic i posted was kind of what i was talkin about with the 3d but i took those in a dark room then lit them up with photo shop so theyd normally look much worse with sun light hittin em.

my face actually looks alot better in most mirrors then how they appear in the first series of pics i posted, even when i put my face up right to the mirror it looks better.

i have no clue how im really lookin when im out in public n things. if its anything like in the last pic i dont know what to do.

100 views and hardly any of them were me clickin on this topic or hitting "refresh"

please, im in desperate need of feedback(look at the last pic) as to why i only see those scares sometimes, under certain light, some mirrors, etc. and what i can do to get rid of them (the fastest and safest way) if i even should bother with them...

thanks!

i know what you're talking about, i have the same "problem" on some mirrors in my house i look perfect or cuasi perfect, but then on cloudy days, when light is dim and when i look myself on polarized windows.. the dark windows that some cars have.. i look terrible, all of my scars look really bad, very visible, but i take a normal mirror and they don't look as bad, it's all in the type of lighting and the type of mirror you see yourself reflected, for example those dark windows, i believe they show much scarring because somehow your face doesnt reflect a certain spectre of light were you're wounded or something like that, im no expert, but i have seen that in the same spot, under diferent types of "mirrors" or not mirrors but places where i can see myself reflected, i look different on each one. i also feel pretty bad for my scarring and im going to miss this summer, the only summer ive ever had the opportunity for a roadtrip with my really close and good friends, for having laser surgery. i really hope and pray it gives me at least a 45% as my doctor said, that would be enough for me i think. so im going to miss my youth, a roadtrip with my friends just for improving my face... :) dammit, i shouldnt be doing this, i should have never had scars, i dont care about acne, besides i dont have it anymore, but scars are MUCH worse, if i had acne again but never scarred i would be fine. :D

the other day these cute girls stopped while i was strollin and said "hey youre hot want a ride". wtf??? do these people see the same thing i do when i look thro some of these mirrors? .

maybe these people look past your bullshit scars and see you that way. Maybe they arent obbsessed with perfection and dont wish to have it because they know its not possible to be perfect. And it has nothing to do with mirrors its just the lighting. Indoor lights make your skin look better than it really is. The outdoor lighting makes your face look like it really is. It's scars man, i say forget about them and move on because you cant do anything about them. If it were red spots or something like that you could do something. But why worry about something you cant do anything about.

You arent clear till your skin looks good in any lighting. For me, flouresant lighting used to be better for me because i just had spots and no dents or nothing. Right now my face is clear and smooth as a baby's ass. I mean it looks like you'd see with all the people in the movies. Thing is to get this way i had to use expensive medication for about 6 months. But hey, it worked....

F49Z0R5!!! you say your skin is smooth, so did you have any depressed scars??? if so how did you treat them, i would spend any amount of money just to get an improvement of at least 50%

I can't see any of those pics and the links aren't working for me - just says FILE NOT FOUND.

I guess sunlight can be everyone's worst enemy who has some form of scarring. I know I get paranoid when I'm sitting in the rays and god forbid I should find a mirror and catch a glimpse. I can see the indentations and they are pretty awful.

I've tried needling and I really can see some result so far - it's only been 3 days but there is DEFINATELY some improvement. How good the improvement will be after a few weeks is something I'll have to wait and see on, but hell, there are sooooo many options for scarring out there. Just educate yourself about them and consider what might be best for you.

Good luck and please remember that YOU aren't only judged by the skin you're in. If girls are stopping to ask you if you need a lift then I really don't think you should be so damn hard on yourself.

Take care :)

Right now my face is clear and smooth as a baby's ass. I mean it looks like you'd see with all the people in the movies. Thing is to get this way i had to use expensive medication for about 6 months. But hey,   it worked....

Sorry to alert you of this, but those 'perfect movie faces' are all covered in about a 1.5mm thick slather of top notch make-up. I'd be pretty interested to see how you went from an acne problem to 'clear and smooth as a baby's ass'.

Maybe the lighting in your bathroom is playing tricks on you as well.

Please do tell us all what expensive medication you used to acheive such a fabulous result.

Every link you posted doesn't work.

Why can't people use the space their ISP gives them. Inserting a few pics into a html page isn't that hard.

Indoor lights make your skin look better than it really is. The outdoor lighting makes your face look like it really is..

in the day time i look in the mirror in my bathroom (with no lights on, only light coming in from the window whcih makes the room pretty bright)..do others see me with that kind of scars? or...i have to be ACTAULY outside... all this is so confusing..i dont know which one is the real me :)

knice--It's frustrating, however we dont have to sit on our hands...There are treatments, and more treatments to look forward to in the future. As medical technology advances, one day all of us will have the skin we want!

arrrr Knice i totally get you! I feel ok when i go out..but i catch a glimpse in the wrong mirror and my confidence goes down from there...I can barely look people in the eye, and usually keepy my head down...not looking directly at them when i speak...It's hard to know which mirror shoes the REAL you...thats what i don't get.maybe to others your acne isn't that bad...

Do people also find that you look way better in photos than in RL?, because unless its a really really close up picture you cant really see your acne scarring.

I used to be extreamly camera shy, but now I kinda like my photo being taken because I look so much better in them!, of course I avoid close ups like the plauge!

Infact, today my housemate just came back from meeting all his friends at home where he showed them photos of a holiday we went on. A couple of his lady friends said, and I quote, I'm "Seriously good looking".

When he told me what they thought of me I initially thought "sweet!" confidence level up! but then I remembered the scars on my face and thought "she wouldnt think that if she saw me in real life", confidence level back down!.

Its really very annoying thinking that women would actually find me attractive without these scars, but then, I guess thats better than being ugly too!.

I'm rambling.

--CS

Man this is really building up tension i want to see those pics to, but if women are stopping you on the streets then it couldn't be too bad. Give them to me i'll host them for you.

Go to http://www.freeservers.com

for free hosting space.

The worse bathroom lighting situation is afternoon time when the sun infiltrates every nook and cranny of the bathroom and it actually reflects of the inner parts. Then when you look in the mirror it lights up your face and the mirror making visible every indentation until you look like a twisted and disfigured animal.