Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
december

Proactive Infomercial

Ok I was flipping through channels on Tv today because I had nothing else to do.

I stopped clicking when 3 bottles and a big title "Proactive" popped up on the screen. It was proactive infomercial.

Now there were testimonials. And I've gott to tell you; they were soooooooooo pathetic. This 32 yr old woman was on there talking about how horrible her acne was before Proactiv miraculously cured her acne. Now her case was extremely, extremely mild. They showed the before pictures of her with acne, and - guess what? - the pictures showed that she only had like 2 or 3 dime-sized bumps on each side of her face. And she was talking about how desperate and down she felt. She said that whenever she looked in the mirror, she cried. And she also said that one time her mom walked in, and SHE cried also! How pathetic!!!!!

At the end, they were like "Get proactiv Now. Because it WORKS!"

woah.. i really wanted to cry when that woman came up there and told her story with watery eyes. 3-6 bumps? Is that worth crying about?? when there are people with cysts that are as big as the size of a fist!!!??? Also, she was saying stuff like, "Oh, acne put me through so much suffering. It killed my life!" Oh man i really wanted to throw something at the TV.

Ah.. cysts. cysts. cysts. I hate you.

BTW Has proactive worked for anybody? Isn't it basically BP with some cleanser and toner?

As far as i'm concerned, they did a horrible job with the commercial. It made me so angry.

Ciao

TK

it didnt help or really hurt my skin when i first used it 2 years ago. i stopped after 6 or 8 months. I started it again a couple of months ago and, for some reason, my skin is really sensitive to it now. it burned and itched and got really red. i'm on Accutane now and my face isn't even as red as it was on Proactiv!!!

The cleanser is especially harsh, and i think that's the culprit. nowadays, i slap on some of the BP lotion if i get a cluster of small zits or something, and it's not irritating. I also found the sulfur mask to be a decent "spot" treatment if you leave it on overnight. not miraculous, but it seems to work on SOME of my pimples.

the toner is useless.

Sadly, those stupid commercials actually got me to buy the stuff! For like months, because I kept waiting for it to work. But I'm convinced it made my skin even worse...I think it's crap. Yeah, and why do they use Britney Spears and also Alicia Keys? I didn't think either one of them had really great skin.

i think proactive is decent system for controling some mild acne or post accutane maybe. its definately not any kind of amazing product or cure. its benzol peroxide.

the "amazing results" pictures are basically- mug shots with no make up (during a breakout), and then pictures with makeup. i think most people with acne vary enough in 1-2 weeks with breakouts to be able to take a "before and after" with out using anything.

accne comerials are not a good venue for celebrities because they don't have bad acne or they wouldn't be celebrities.

That's the thing - Britney was never one of their spokespeople. They suggested on TV that her friend gave it to her to try and then they showed all her airbrushed pictures as "proof". False advertising if you ask me. Apparently, Vanessa Williams (who has HORRIBLE skin - I've seen her without makeup - ewww), Jessica Simpson, Stephanie Seymour and Alicia Keys isn't enough to sell this junk.

I used it - I think it's crap. My best friend swears by it.

It made my acne even worst! I hate Proactive! It's just a waste of money, IMO.

Ok I was flipping through channels on Tv today because I had nothing else to do.

I stopped clicking when 3 bottles and a big title "Proactive" popped up on the screen. It was proactive infomercial.

Now there were testimonials. And I've gott to tell you; they were soooooooooo pathetic. This 32 yr old woman was on there talking about how horrible her acne was before Proactiv miraculously cured her acne. Now her case was extremely, extremely mild. They showed the before pictures of her with acne, and - guess what? - the pictures showed that she only had like 2 or 3 dime-sized bumps on each side of her face. And she was talking about how desperate and down she felt. She said that whenever she looked in the mirror, she cried. And she also said that one time her mom walked in, and SHE cried also! How pathetic!!!!!

At the end, they were like "Get proactiv Now. Because it WORKS!"

woah.. i really wanted to cry when that woman came up there and told her story with watery eyes. 3-6 bumps? Is that worth crying about?? when there are people with cysts that are as big as the size of a fist!!!??? Also, she was saying stuff like, "Oh, acne put me through so much suffering. It killed my life!" Oh man i really wanted to throw something at the TV.

Ah.. cysts. cysts. cysts. I hate you.

BTW Has proactive worked for anybody? Isn't it basically BP with some cleanser and toner?

As far as i'm concerned, they did a horrible job with the commercial. It made me so angry.

Ciao

TK

"ProActiv. Because it WORKS........"

....... IF you have only mild to moderate acne, and even then it won't necessarily be especially beneficial if you are past adolescence (25 yrs.+) and have had persistent/chronic mild to moderate acne since adolescence which is likely the result of complex hormonal and/or sebaceous-gland-hormone-receptor-sensitivity resulting in overproductive sebaceous glands and/or excessively rapid shedding of skin cells in the pilosebaceous unit and/or weak follicular walls, none of which can be truly "fixed" with any amount of topical application.

The greatest trick the beauty industry ever pulled was convincing the world that "curing" acne is just a matter of putting something on your face.

Even topical treatments yielding excellent results, such as those involving benzoyl peroxide cleansing followed by moisturization, depend entirely on a discipline and consistency that if lapsed will result in exceptionally bad break-out as the oil gland's compensate for the unnaturally achieved drying effect by over-producing oil. But as with anything, it is all about finding an effective method of "control" until the acne naturally self-resolves.

Oh, and here's the real clincher when it comes to ProActiv. Their most famous poster-girl, the flawless-faced Jessica Simpson, once confided in an early interview that she took ACCUTANE for what was by all terms mild acne, and this was well before she began advertising with ProActiv. The more beautiful the lie, the uglier the truth.

i've used it and i think it cleared me for awhile. it's no cure, and it's $$$ too. oh, and i love when people recommend to me proactiv.  rolleyes.gif  those infomercials are addicting to me though. especially that proactiv one...

proactiv is the worst product to use ever. i got screwed over twice. first timei used it couple years ago. it didnt work. then i used it about 8 months ago. cuz i thought i used it wrong the first time. but it made my acne wayyyyy worst than before.

i got bigger pimples than before and at places i didnt have pimples before. oh man i hate proactiv w/ a passion it ruined the past almost year for me. i still havent recored from the breakouts from using stupid proactiv.

Proactiv does suck. It didn't work at all for me. Jessica Simpson still gets acne. If you watched her "Let It Snow" video, they did close ups and you could tell where she had zits.