Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bananas

many pimples that aren't large bumps

I have lots of red marks that don't seem to disappear.

When my pimples form, a couple are like the traditional large bump protruding from the skin. But most of the other times though, it's just a minor lump that can't be seen in soft light. in yellowish bathroom light it looks like I have flawless skin. But in reality i don't. I don't know whether they're like pimples that don't form all the way, or what, but it looks like my cheeks are completely invaded with them. They eventually turn into red marks and add to the collection on my face. This makes it worse since red marks fade extremely slowly on my face.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what this is or has experience with this.

I also have a problem with long lasting red marks. I've been on Doxycycline for 5 weeks, and it caused a horrible breakout the first couple weeks. I don't have much active acne now, but it still looks like I have bad acne due to the red marks left over from a month ago. I have done one treatment of blu-u light therapy, but I'm not sure if this will help fade the marks. I read that they will only fade when using the blue light in conjuction with something called Levulan. It's very expensive, but I'm willing to pay anything right now to get rid of them. Does anyone know if the blue light will help?