Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Slaughter

Hey All / Regimen

I just joined the forums so hey all. Err wander if anyone can help, been using the regimen for about 2 weeks now, noticed a VERY impressive clear up at first within the first 3-5 days. But now seem to be stuck with red marks that are not noticeable in house light, but in natural daylight it still looks bad. So I'm kinda stuck any suggestions?

Using cream in 5% strength, along with oxytetrocylin ( < spelling) should be off them in next few days.

Thanks.

As far as red marks go you can try the tape method which seems popular. There is a big thread on the scar board just do a search for tape method, its the thread with about a million posts.

I have to say though i have found red marks very stubborn. They tend to go in 4-6 months of there own accord. Also you could try some concealer maybe if the marks are flat.

Adam

Thx, read it, tried it with sticky tape :twisted: serious amoutns of stuff came off my skin, it's feeling a little diff but I'll try it for a while see if get any visual difference. Thx again.

kind of unrelated nut dont ever miss one application of the regimen. I missed a day and got some little whiteheads, not a big deal but it pisses me off when your on a progressive clear face and then u get set back a little.

I got up late on monday just gone, 13:00 instead of my usual 8:00 cause I didn have work that day, usually put the cream on at 8am and 10pm, noticed a couple of them comming back already when I woke up late :? only 5hrs.

If your going to use the regimen then it is very important to stick to it, but dont sweat it if you absolutely cant. If your face breaks out a little then dont just assume you did something wrong and start looking for an answer because acne can just worsen at times for reasons that nobody knows. Just stick to the BP and the moisturizer and then when your clear you can help the guys just starting :wink:

Unfortunately, the regimen really is a regimen. The more consistent you are, the better your results will be.

Definitely switch to a 2.5% bp if at all possible. Red marks will fade with time.

-Dan

First week is normally good, then you go for a while with little progress...then you will probably get a little worse (at least that is what happened to me, and I've read others doing that about 2 months in) then you just up the BP amount, then you see a lot of progress after that. You can try Aloe Vera (search here for some posts on that) for red marks too...I've done both Aloe and scotch tape, aloe worked better for me. Doesn't mean it necessarily will with you though.