Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have extremely sensitive skin. Ive been using gentle cleansers but lately I realized that I really need something to attack active pimples. SA is out of the question as it never did anything for me. BP always made my skin red and irritated. I tried tea tree oil cleanser once and the results were horrid to say the least.

Is there anything anyone would wanna recommend that has worked for their sensitive skin? Just anything but SA I 100% thru wit it. thx

depending on how big the pimple is, use a clean Q-tip and put some bp on it, then in the hole where the bp comes out, spin the end of the q-tip in the hole and just swipe it over the pimple a few times and repeat as needed, also if your skin gets irratated easily use 99% aloe vera gel or a mosturizer.

PS using this method it may take longer to get rid of the pimple but it doesnt make ur skin as red or irratated. Also in my opinion if you choose to use aloe vera gel, put that on before the bp cream.

Thx for the tip. I decided to do something brave and give SA one last shot only reason being that before I never used moisturizer with it so it could have been the cause of it worsening. I just hope I dont pay the price for my actions later. If it screws up then Ill try the bp.

If yoiu find BP too aggressive, try an acne medication that uses sulfur as its active ingredient. It will help to dry out blemishes and absorb excess oils, but it does act slower than BP. (Clearasil has sulfur based products.)