Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Leopardskinny

Chronic peeling and not much progres.....

Help! I have been on the regimen for about 2 weeks- and althought this time I have had really bad peeling skin. Im not talking as in sore, red, and itchey- it just peels all the time! When I smile or laugh my skin flakes off and it is really annoying- not to mention embarassing! redface.gif Also, when I first properley started the regimen, ( after i stopped using SA with it), i noticed drastic improvement. Now I have some breakouts, and other than that my skin isn't improving anymore! I just wanted to know- does anyone else have this problem?? PS. Oh i live in Scotland- so I cant get hold of some of the things you rccomend- eg. cetaphil or whatever. Thanks!! smile.gif

Help! I have been on the regimen for about 2 weeks- and althought this time I have had really bad peeling skin. Im not talking as in sore, red, and itchey- it just peels all the time! When I smile or laugh my skin flakes off and it is really annoying- not to mention embarassing!  redface.gif Also, when I first properley started the regimen, ( after i stopped using SA with it), i noticed drastic improvement. Now I have some breakouts, and other than that my skin isn't improving anymore! I just wanted to know- does anyone else have this problem?? PS. Oh i live in Scotland- so I cant get hold of some of the things you rccomend- eg. cetaphil or whatever. Thanks!! smile.gif

Dan said that in the 2nd week. most poeple may face a sudden "breakout, but will subside at the 3rd week" Dan himself says this in ....(check out the link)http://www.acne.org/whattoexpect.html

..i myself had a sudden outbreak in week2 (exactly) ..like 4-5 sudden zits

PS: regarding your "peeling", i dun face it coz i only put bp ONCE a day (at nite)..soorry can't help here

I can completely relate to the flaking-thing. I remember kissing my husband and my face was flaking all over the pillow. I could see the little skin bits floating all around us...kinda romantic like little snowflakes... No, really, it was digusting.

My thing was to use tons & tons of moisturizer, and to use a gentle baking soda scrub (mix a little with your cleanser) to keep the flakes at bay.

Good luck!

I can completely relate to the flaking-thing.  I remember kissing my husband and my face was flaking all over the pillow.  I could see the little skin bits floating all around us...kinda romantic like little snowflakes... No, really, it was digusting. 

My thing was to use tons & tons of moisturizer, and to use a gentle baking soda scrub (mix a little with your cleanser) to keep the flakes at bay. 

Good luck!

Thanks! I never really thought of exfoliating- im so glad sumone else has written back about having the peeling thing, i was like, am i on my own here??? Il try that out though... smile.gif

Well, good luck with it. Just try to remember to be gentle! You don't want to further irritate your skin, if you don't have to. I have very sensitive skin, so I only did the scrub a couple of times a week (usually in the morning, since I'm a once-a-day, evening, bp person). I've also heard that some people use apple cider vinegar after the baking soda, something about "balancing the pH level of the skin"...

I would caution against adding anything into the regimen, like a "scrub" until you are completely clear. I think a better idea might be to switch to Eucerin Renewal moisturizer, which will completely take care of flakes and is extra gentle. No other moisturizer even comes close.

As far as your progress goes, there is no way to really judge until after a couple of months of strict adherence. When you say you can't find some of the products, however, that makes me a little concerned. What products are you using?

[Dan,Mar 28 2005, 11:05 AM]

I think a better idea might be to switch to Eucerin Renewal moisturizer, which will completely take care of flakes and is extra gentle.  No other moisturizer even comes close.