Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rowan

Does exersize cause acne

My daughter plays fast pitch softball;

She is 17 and a pitcher. She plays at a very competitive level. Although her face is fairly easy to control against breakouts I have noticed that she tends to break out on her back. I am wondering if this is because of her sport. Being a fast pitch pitcher. I have not read anything about this so I am now just posting. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

That's where she does a huge windmill type move with her arm to the the ball up to speed correct? If so, there will be pressure and rubbing of the jersey against her back, mostly around her upper back. That could be her problem. That's how most people in sports get acne, from contact and rubbing of equipment and jerseys.

Exercise itself doesn't cause acne and you wouldn't live a very long life if you didn't do any exercise because you might break out.

Guest Amy Lee

Nope. I think studies even show that sweating perspiration out is better not only for the skin but also for the whole physical well-being. There's nothing to worry about, exercise is healthy. smile.gif

My daughter plays fast pitch softball;

She is 17 and a pitcher.  She plays at a very competitive level.  Although her face is fairly easy to control against breakouts I have noticed that she tends to break out on her back.  I am wondering if this is because of her sport.  Being a fast pitch pitcher.  I have not read anything about this so I am now just posting.   Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks