Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DanDaMan1487

Quick and easy scar treatment

Here is what I have been doing for the last 5 days, and the results are unbelievable. No, it's not the BP kicking in or Retin-A because I also had quite a bit of back acne, which all of a sudden is going away.

The regimen - drink an INSANE amount of water. Yes, you have to drink A LOT of water. I try to drink 1 cup of water every 30-45 Minutes. I also drink about 2 cups of water before going to sleep.

The effect was really interesting at first. I always read that water is good for your skin. So one day, for the heck of it, I said I'll try it. I drank an insane amount of water. Two days later, when I woke up, it was a miracle. I touched my face to see if its still there (I bet you do that too), and the pimples were painless. They were also very smooth and fading away. My skin was unbelievably smooth.

So then I though, maybe it's just the Retin-A kicking in. I checked my back acne (which is a lot bigger pimples than on my face, and usually more painful) and my back acne was painless, all going away. I've been drinking tons of water for about a week now, and my family said for the first time in 3 years - "Wow, what did you do? The pimples are almost gone!"

I urge you to just give it a try. Come back in a few days and tell me if it worked. Most of you will be very thankful!

Remember the rules -

INSANE amount of water - Your piss has to be clear, not yellow.

AS much water as you can take without barfing

2 to 3 cups when you wake up and when you go to sleep.

That's all. I think it'l work for you - It was the magic bullet for me.

Best Regards,

Dan

Way cool. Now can you come up with a simple resolution plan for acne scars? Your post said scar treatment, but you described getting rid of your acne, or did I miss something?

Actually it doesn't. You can't really heal a scar. Scars are skin that has healed, unaturally. You can only hope to fix or improve a scar by reinvading the skin/old wound in some fashion.

Scars don't fade over time - red marks do, and red marks are not scars, they are part of the acne healing process. No amount of water is going to raise a pit.

Hi Maya,

I don't know about you but I really would like to say something about this forum and since you seem to be the moderator I will make my comments for your evaluation.

I have to say that I am really tiring of so many posts where people are actually referring to red marks or acne and this has been evident for some time.

I understand that these people are just trying to participate and help air their thoughts and assist others in the process but this is supposed to be a forum about scars (that's what it saids in the title).

I am not saying that they don't mean well but maybe you should make it clear that this forum is directed to scars and subsequent experience and treatments of scars. Some of the outlandish statements made pertaining to being able to be rid of scars is just not accurate.

This last one about water etc getting rid of scars really is not accurate and some others that have been posted in the past only go to lower the validity of the forum as a whole.

U

I don't know if it was you U, (hee hee) who made that point once before or someone else. I think it's a chronic problem we're running into on this forum, that lots of people do not know what scars are. Some blatantly ask whether or not they have scars. If you have to ask, most likely the answer is no. I don't understand why people don't get the difference between a mark and a scar

Understood and LAET

I know red marks are not scars, and I too wish posters would understand the difference. I personally don't have a problem with people posting here about red marks/pigmentation/discolouration problems caused by acne - reason being is that many of us with 'real' scars also experience the same marks too, so some of the information is useful.

Maybe I could write a sticky note and stick it at the top - and explain what this scar board is for. Also put up some definitions of scarring and some info about different procedures that are available.

Also, I would like to ask new posters to read the posts on the first few pages before posting questions - that's what irritates me most - lots of different threads about the same topic (Oh I like to keep a tidy house! hehe)

Give me a few days, I'll see what I can do - if I haven't done anything by Saturday - send me a PM and remind me - I have a few busy work days ahead so it might slip my mind.

When i get a big cut of scrape it forms this pit. Then when i go in the salt water it forms this cold sore which is like 2mm deep. Over time the bugger actually heals to the surface. Damn why can't my face do this. I reckon it's got something to do with the infection and duration of the infection which a large cyst can create. Scars actually do fill in to a degree when the collagen rebuilds over time, but this means nothing when the initial scar is deep. Thank goodness LAET pointed out the inconsistencies in that water theory.

Hey Maya that sounds like a good idea!

Write a post about what this forom is for and a short breif of what the diffrent types of procedures are!

And make it a post that always is on top so that everyone new can see it and read it so that they won't post wrong questions in the qrong forum!

Could also be interesting for those who have been here a while to see all the diffrent types of prcedures and so on....

Northern - Yes, that's what I want to do - it will take some time to collate the info but it'll be worth it.

My two cents, some people feel just as strongly about red marks as we do about real scars. I dont mind them posting here as long as they dont call red marks "scars" and confuse things. I too like to hear what helps those red marks because if it can help red marks (which some people can have for years before they fade) then it can help skin quality in general.

I wish I just had red marks..sigh

Maya - that is a brilliant idea! I can definitely see a FAQ section that people should read first... Maybe mark the sticky note with "Read this before posting". If you want any help at all please let me know and I will do what I can. :)