Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yossisiegel

the Shampoo that cleared up my acne!

ive been on antibiotics and benzaclin for a while which keeps my acne under control , but i still had a problem with my back, and area around my hairline (forehead, sideburns, etc)

A few weeks ago, i was searching for a shampoo for my oily hair (unrelated to acne) and found a product called folli cleanse.

It is the only shampoo i have found that contains sodium lauryl sulfate, instead of sodium laureth solfate.( which is known to irritate the skin) It also contains something called zinc pca which is designed to control the production of sebum (oil) on the scalp

Well i started using it, my hair is great, but to my surprise, the acne on my back and areas around my hairline cleared up completely!

When i switched back to regular shampoo for a few days, it came back, so thi shampoo is here to stay!

I'm glad that you have found a shampoo that works for you! The reason sodium lauryl sulfate isn't found that often in shampoo is because it is considered more irritating than the milder sodium laureth sulfate.

I'm glad that you have found a shampoo that works for you!  

exactly. If it was never designed for the control of acne and it worked for you, that most likely means it will only work just for you. Everyone has different skin which reacts to different shit. So i wouldnt recommend anyone else trying this because it might worsen your condition.

F49Z0R5!!! wrote:

Everyone has different skin which reacts to different shit.

I am just curious what different Shit are you trying to say?

Well, i disagree, even though the shampoo wasnt designed for the treatment of acne, it lacks an ingredient that most other shampoos have that is known to be a major skin irritant, so it only seems logical to try to avoid that irritant, i would recommend people to try it for 2 weeks, and see if their back and neck clear up