Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just discovered this site a few days ago and think that it's great. However, I was wondering if someone could help me out.

I have been on antibiotics for about 5 years and they have kept my face mostly clear. However, a few months ago I started using a face wash and lotion with salicylic acid in it and my skin got progressively worse. Has anyone had a similar experience or reaction to a product?

Anyway, about 3 weeks ago I stopped using it and went to my dermatologist. He thinks that I had a reaction and all my pores got clogged. So, he put me on an antibiotic and Tazorac .05% gel. I have been on the Tazorac for two weeks now and my faces seems to still be getting worse. I was wondering how long it took for other people to start noticing an improvement. Did your face break out badly when you first started using it? Is Tazorac good for moderate to severe acne? It seems like I have been on all the antibiotics and none of them seem to do much. However, my face was never close to this bad. It's been extremely frustrating and any help would be appreciated.

I have to admit when I used Tazorac I had no clue how to wash my face or how much cream to apply. I scrubed too hard and used too much cream. But even given that, I knew the cream was way too harsh. I got dark red and burned. If you're already irritated from something else I'd imagine tazorac will just further irritate it.

personally-tazorac is my miracle gel--im on the .05% gel also, but i think i didnt have that initial breakout because i had been on retin a micro for 9 months beforehand, and my skin was used to retinoids. Hmmm, but I would say give it the 12 weeks that they promise--dont give up too soon because tazorac at first brings all that bad stuff u had waiting in your skin up to the surface, and then later on you should be clear. THEN if you decide it doesnt work for you, then at least u gave it a real shot!

hey cookie,

how long after u swtiched that u started noticing the tazorac results?

Cookie,

I also am curious how long it took to notice results with Tazorac. In addition, how bad would you say that your acne was to begin with?

Thanks.