Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~*T*~

picking picking..........

I know the less I pic, the lesser the scars will be. Plus it helps with the breakouts. But why is it that I just can't stop? And if I am not picking, I am just feeling around and looking for something new to pick or poke at. I have really been trying to stop. I have cut down. But I do it when I am not even paying attention. I even cut my nails as short as I could get them without drawing blood to stop myself. it worked a bit, but you can still do damage that way too. If you are a compulsive picker like me. I know it's bad, I've seen what it does to my face, yet I can't help myself.

Anyway, does anybody have any helpful tips on how to stop yourself from doing this? I am off to cut my nails again until I figure out something else............

hey...i do that too. and i always feel stupid after i do. cause, just like you, i know that it is bad, it scars, blah blah...

the first thing to do is realize that you are picking when you are...do you do it when you don't realize it? anyway, then, when you get the urge to pick, close your eyes and take 5 or 10 deep breaths... the urge should go away. just try to be mindful about what you are doing...i sometimes pick when i don't even know what i am doing, like when i am watching tv or something, then later i;ll go to a mirror and be like, "oh i guess i picked again"...

...it is crazy to think that in a few months/year we won't have these issues anymore cause we will have SMOOTH SKIN.

move along, nothing to pick here!

oh noo. that's not good! the one thing that keeps my hands away from my face is to think of all the dirty germs that i touch with my hands all day long. what grosses me out most are door knobs (you don't know who else has touched it and what they had on their hands!) eusa_sick.gif maybe you can google some germ/bacteria facts so that you can rid yourself of this nasty habit!

Ya, I guess there isn't much to help this except self disipline. hehe. I need some more of that.

I do pick without realizing it. That sux. But with the short short nails,, it helps cause you gotta work a little harder to get any "real" picking done. So you do notice your self do it. I read some where that it's a habbit, and any habbit can be created or broken by repeating it for like 21 to 30 days consistently. So maybe I will try to do that. But I can't do it for 1 whole day, so I thinked I am up shit creek.....Maybe I'll take up knitting or something..........

Anyway, I won't have a hard time keeping my fingers away from my butt or nose. But thanx for the warning hunter........lol

Ya, I guess there isn't much to help this except self disipline. hehe. I need some more of that.

I do pick without realizing it. That sux. But with the short short nails,, it helps cause you gotta work a little harder to get any "real" picking done. So you do notice your self do it. I read some where that it's a habbit, and any habbit can be created or broken by repeating it for like 21 to 30 days consistently. So maybe I will try to do that. But I can't do it for 1 whole day, so I thinked I am up shit creek.....Maybe I'll take up knitting or something..........

Anyway, I won't have a hard time keeping my fingers away from my butt or nose. But thanx for the warning hunter........lol

I agree. If you're bent on picking, you'd find a way to do so even if i tied your hands behind your back.