Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
max5558

Electrodesiccation (Electrical "Zapping")

I had this done on 2 small rolling scars/pockmarks today. I have absolutely no idea what it does except that skin was burned cause i smelt it! Anyone ever try this before????

Far out, I never heard of that being done for acne scars. Is this something your doctor has done before?

it was Dr. Orentriech that wanted to do this and although I didn't ask it sounded like this was a common procedure for him for scarring. I did not go through with it so I didn't ask too many questions

just smoothes out your skin. I had it done on my nose........ umm 85% improvement. good enough

pulled this description of Electrodesiccation from a skin cancer site:

Electrodesiccation and curettage involves scraping away the malignant tissue with a sharp surgical instrument called a curette.  An electrosurgical device may then be used to stop bleeding and cauterize a zone of normal tissue; this procedure removes the cancerous tissue and minimizes the chance of recurrence.

Red bleeding day 1, but you can do everything the next day. I did a whole thread on sebaceous hyperplasia that details my experience, search for it if you want to.