Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LAET

Subcision vs. Excision

I made an appointment to see a plastic surgeon and I had asked them about subcison over the phone. The receptionist said he's done punch cision which I am assuming is excision, but he had not heard of subcision. Doesn't that seem strange that he wouldn't have heard of subcision?

Yes, it's strange that all derms and surgeons are not familiar with all the latest methods. I wish they would come and visit this board for some serious education! :)

A year or so ago, I had an appointment with the plastic surgeon and he did not offer anything but laser surgery. I had printed off information about needling and subcision.. and all I got was a strange look from him.

LAET,

It doesn't surprise me at all. You will probably have better luck with a good dermatologist!

Best of Luck!

Anna

Most Plastic Surgeons and Derms don't seem to know about subcision. You might want to call back and ask if they do "undermining" -- It's my understanding that some Derms call what we know as subcision, undermining. Just a suggestion - can't hurt to ask.