Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
digikitten

A model's accutane log

I just wanted to let you know your skin is BEAUTIFUL!! I've never posted on your log but i've been reading it... Your looking great!

My goal is to be on accutane by September - i'm nervous b/c I don't know if my insurance will pay for it - but i've gotta get on it regardless!!!

Anyway, congrats! Again, you look great!

Laurel

Paula -

I've really enjoyed reading your log... You have some exotic jobs, but you really sound like such an awesome, down-to-earth person, it's been really refreshing to read your story. I also admire how honest you are about your struggles... you don't seem embarrassed at all, and you don't try to hide anything. As a girl, I always feel like there's something to be embarrassed about; it really is liberating to see how open you are. :)

I only came across your log a couple days ago, and it seems as though your website and livejournal aren't up anymore (this all has to do with ex-boyfriend, somehow, it sounds like? That sounds like a really shitty situation, it sucks, I hope things keep getting better for you!). Are you hoping to get the site back up? I'd love to see more pics of the fire-entertaining, it looks quite exciting. :) You said you had a myspace site right? Are there pics on there as well?

It sounds like you've been having a lot of success on Accutane; congrats! You definitely have a really hot look with your makeup all done up (it is rather Shirley Manson-esque, and DAMN she is so amazing!), but I have to admit that the sexiest picture of you on here is the makeup-free one where you have the lighter reddish hair. You just look so happy and glowing! And the very very faint red marks that remain in that picture just look like light freckles, which works out pretty well. :)

I hope your success continues and that your more severe side effects start subsiding... fragile skin sounds like a huge pain. It sounds like you'll tough it out though, your progress has been so good! I look forward to continuing to follow your story; good luck with everything!

Day 135

Random bruises appear on my body out of nowhere. My skin randomly breaks. It's sooo fragile. My skin is overall very red, too.

However, no acne, no red marks, nothing. My skin is PERFECT and everyone comments on it.

I can't believe I only have like, 6 weeks left on 'tane.I remember when I first started... being all nervous about it and shit... I'm so happy I went through with it.

As usual, here's some pics.

user posted image

Thats my face before accutane

user posted image

After

and one more.

user posted image

These are both from lastweek. YEssssss I had some hair drama =P

I'm tired.

Hey, did anyone ever notice how much QUICKER you get drunk on accutane??

Man, I can pound whiskey and be ok... but on accutane it's nuts! 2 shots and I'm already tipsy!!!

i think you look really pretty all natural in the previous photo you took. no need for makeup at all. im glad accutane worked for you. my derm suggests i dont take it because i only occasionally have pimples and rarely breakouts. however my skin is very prone to red marks. and i got a lotta broken capillaries on my cheek from stress. wish the best for you~ you can feel free to check iin my gallery and personal log for updates. bye~! smile.gif

Your journal is so refreshingly honest, thank you for being so candid. I think I'll sound a bit like part of a broken record here but.. You are SO beautiful, and uniquely beautiful nonetheless. The shape of your eyes and mouth - WOW. Good luck with your career and accutane results (though I'm sure you don't need any).

Ayla

Day 142 (I think??)

I really fucking love life.

Let me put the skin issues aside for a second and just say... that I'm so incredibly THRILLED that I'm finally becoming closer to a friend I've had for 6 years. We never spent a whole lot of time together since 1999, but we always knew what was going on in each other's lives. But now I'm at his apartment 4 times a week, we go out all the time together, we have so much fun, and we've become even better friends. None of this would've happened if Asshole hadn't broken up with me, so I'm so fucking thankful he did.

I'm going to Brazil in 11 days, the weather isn't disgustingly hot today, and I put in the deposit for my first BIG tattoo. I'm getting several pink and white orchids on my arms, with a green background. It's gonna take up most of my upper arm. Hopefully the drawing will be done by wednesday... and I'll have the tattoo then.

Basically, life's being kind to me today.

Not getting along with mom, tho.

Anyway, so onto skin matters...

Still very fragile, and ITCHY, but not too many dry patches at all. My face is perfection. I never thought in a million years I'd look like this.

I've had some abnormal hair growth on my face. No, I don't have a moustache, but I have very very very light peach fuzz on my cheeks and jawline... WEIRD!!!

Anyway, because I'm a complete gayass... here's some pictures of me and the guy I mentioned earlier. His name is Dave. And I hope he doesn't read this, cuz I'll be so embarassed. Hahaha

user posted image

The girl in the middle is my good friend and filmmaker Toni.

user posted image

Look at my skin! ACCUTANE SUNBURNS!!!! And uuhhh... UNF, Dave looks fucking hot here. HAHA

user posted image

Ussssssssss smile.gif

SO tonight is Stoli O and Redbull night. It's an alcoholic speedball, MWHAHAH. Wish my luck climbing up 5 flights of stairs tonite. HAHA

yeah, your skins looks AMAZING and you look veryveryvery pretty!

by the way, i really like your hair in that one pic, with all the different colors.

looks cool. cool.gif

I'm going to Brazil in 11 days, the weather isn't disgustingly hot today, and I put in the deposit for my first BIG tattoo. I'm getting several pink and white orchids on my arms, with a green background. It's gonna take up most of my upper arm. Hopefully the drawing will be done by wednesday... and I'll have the tattoo then.

Your new tattoo sounds pretty awesome... I have a small one on my wrist, and the idea of a tattoo big enough that it requires some sort of deposit is amusingly intimidating. Are you designing it yourself or having someone else draw it out?

Also, I agree with the post above me... after you've been saying how fragile your skin is, do you know if it's an okay time to get a tattoo? It would be horrible if this impressive, giant tattoo didn't heal properly or something.

If it is okay to do though, good luck, it sounds very exciting. Hopefully you'll post a picture :)

Guest TylerD

You are so good at putting makeup on. Even when you had acne it still hardly looked like it because you were good at putting makeup on. I wish I knew how to do that lol, then again you can put blush and all that on. Im a guy I cant hehe.

Day... I'm not sure.

I've been having the most vicious migraines. They hurt so bad they make my stomach nauseous. I've cut down from 80mg to 40mg daily, because it's my last month and I'm fairly certain 'tane is the cause of my headaches.

Not a blemish. Not one red mark. Perfect skin, the way I never thought I could have.

It glows, with or without makeup.

I'm going to Brazil for 3 weeks tonite. I can't wait. I need a break from NY.

My ex is still psycho, Dave's ex wants to kill me, I need to move into my new apartment ASAP... what a mess.

But I'm feeling particularly vain today. So have some pics.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

(no makeup here)

user posted image

I feel devious.

I envy your lips!! They're perfect just like your skin smile.gif I hope my post accutane skin is pretty too.. Did you have redmarks before accutane? I have some pretty darn bad ones..wonder if they will go away with tane

also: Claud! Don't ever say your not. A lot of people here think your so beautiful and I am one of them

digikitten - Your skin looks amazing. I must say your journal is very entertaining. Besides the fact that you are obviously good looking, there is something about your attitude thats amazing......................I cant quite put my finger on what it is, but lets just say I find you different.....................In a good way cool.gif .

So glad tane worked for you and good luck for the future, the sky's the limit.

Peace

A digikitten so accutane took the oily skin shit away?........When I wake up in the morning my skins pretty damn oily man......And I was wondering what face wash your using at the moments?....I know your in Brazil right now but will you answer my ass when you read this...?

I just started tane 20mg..........I hope this ish works..

You know man Your skin has really transformed...And life......Lifes beautiful......Dont let that bitch ex get in the damn way.

-BoNessa

A digikitten so accutane took the oily skin shit away?........When I wake up in the morning my skins pretty damn oily man......And I was wondering what face wash your using at the moments?....I know your in Brazil right now but will you answer my ass when you read this...?

I just started tane 20mg..........I hope this ish works..

You know man Your skin has really transformed...And life......Lifes beautiful......Dont let that bitch ex get in the damn way.

-BoNessa

Hey. Your skin will stop getting oily. Before tane, my skin was oiliest in the morning. now it's when it looks the best!

I use Noxeema for sensitive skin.

Day... I've COMPLETELY lost track

I've been VERY bad about taking my pills. I was having SEVERE migraines, and once i cut down on the accutane, they went away.

I must have a week left to go or something. Shit, I hope I didn't fuck this up!

Anyway. Here's a picture of my face, close-up. I apologize for the size, but I don't have any image-editing software on this computer (I'm in brazil!!!)

Here you go!

user posted image

Yessssssssssssss. Folks, I will say it again. NO PHOTOSHOP. None. Nada.

Thank the good people in labs for Accutane. smile.gif

WOW. Congratulations!

I've actually been lurking your log before I joined the forum, and I must say that yours definitely made me wanna go for Accutane. That was before the detour I took, but I'm definitely reconsidering it again now. Thank you.

Good luck!!! biggrin.gif

Oh man i cant beleive accutane did that...............I really do hope i get the same results........Im like on my third week now.

Im honestly efen happy for you man.

Before tane and until like about my first week on tane i was using St. Ives.........It was really drying me out so ive been using cetaphil..........Have you been using that noxeema the whole time on tane?..........or recently switched to it?

Damn the accutane helped with the red marks too huh........

I had gotten new acne the other day and i got so damn deppresed about it and i couldnt stop cryin........It was really really weird..I was wondering like man is the accutane making me so damn emotional or what.....And fuck that shit tho, the intital breakout. Anyways, at the moments i was like fuck this im gonna stop accutane..........

Seeing your log n' shit just reminds me to give this ish time and ta beleive damn it............A and Thanks for replying...........

Man cherish every monet in Brazil.......Not many get to experience that.

Lots of love........

-BoNessa

I hope tane does get rid of red marks, i seem to have so many now. Im about 9 weeks in I think but I lost track. My friend has been off tane for 2 months now and his acne started returning...do you know if it will coz I thought this was supposed to be a cure! Im panicking now, what if i wasted all that money??? looking good though, cant wait til my skin is clear, thats absolutely amazing!

Vanessa wink.gif