Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
digikitten

A model's accutane log

Hi

I'm new to this site. You do your make-up so well and look so stunning. Can you tell me what products you use for daytime e.g., what type of foundation/concealer? I am dying to know. What order do you apply these? Is it ok to put these on dry, accutane skin or do you put a moisturiser on first?

Hey, darling. Wow, so you read my journal? Did you catch the DRAMA my ex started on it? *shudder*

I post blogs on myspace a lot tho. Are you on myspace?

Actually, I did. Just b4 u deleted it. Quite a write-up your ex put together. But I thought taking over someone's blog was uncalled for. I have a few blogs myself (not on myspace or LJ tho) and I know how attached u can get w/ them. I'm guessing either he's real immature, or he was just really really hurt. Nonetheless, I thought you guys did look very cute together... so too bad it didn't work out.

Look on the bright side tho... change isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Hey, darling. Wow, so you read my journal? Did you catch the DRAMA my ex started on it? *shudder*

I post blogs on myspace a lot tho. Are you on myspace?

Actually, I did. Just b4 u deleted it. Quite a write-up your ex put together. But I thought taking over someone's blog was uncalled for. I have a few blogs myself (not on myspace or LJ tho) and I know how attached u can get w/ them. I'm guessing either he's real immature, or he was just really really hurt. Nonetheless, I thought you guys did look very cute together... so too bad it didn't work out.

Look on the bright side tho... change isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Mmmmm you should see the guy I'm hangin' out with these days... mmmmmmhm, yeah, we look hot. HAH

WOW u r so lucky im so happy for you..ur skin looks amazing, i am considering going on tane but im kinder scared lolz

DAY 6

WOW! Am I dreaming?? Has accutane REALLY helped this much already?

Here's the scoop: ONE active pimple!!! The acne I had on my face dried up (and actually looks sorta ick. the pimples turned into red marks with a dry layer of skin around them. But concealer covers them completely!!) and I have considerably fewer blackheads on my nose (which used to be covered in them!!)

I have a few bumps under my skin, so I'm assuming being this clear won't last so long, but the bumps are very small.

I do however, have a few tiny (nearly invisible) whiteheads by my nose and temples, and I've NEVER had these little white bumps before. This is GOOD!!! Cuz they don't really look bad at all, and it means the crap is coming out of my pores.

I use Cetaphil lotion on my face 2x daily, but it doesn't make my face shiny anymore, whereas before accutane, cetaphil made me super greasy. So obviously the the oil production has cut down. Got a pimple or 2 on my butt tho!!! =X

As far as side effects go...

My legs are dry and flaky. They're USUALLY dry and flaky tho, even tho I use hardcore cream on them. The lips, if anything, feel even SOFTER than before, because I've been very dilligently applying Aquaphor on them (it's pretty much my new lipbalm, and I'm a lip balm addict anyway, so I ALWAYS have it on).

My biggest concern so far is fatigue and sore muscles. I love going to the gym, but I haven't had the energy, and my muscles tire out very quickly now. I've had some stomach aches here and there, nothing bad. And I think I've been a little bit more overly sensitive to things that wouldn't normally bother me so much.

But then again, could be PMS.

I feel comfortable not wearing makeup, which is totally wonderful smile.gif

So far so good! If it only continues to improve from now on, I'll be the happiest girl!

Here's a pic from Saturday. Only 4 days into the treatment and only ONE zit! (ps: I have a ton of makeup on, so it doesn't even look like I have acne. but believe me... it's NOT that good at ALL without the makeup)

user posted image

That's me and my wonderful boyfriend, who thinks I'm beautiful even at 3am without makeup on! =P

damn ur hot. ur face looks great. i dnt think u needed accutane at all. goodluck

FUCK MAN! I just read pages 1 to 4 and the pics of u were great. Ur REALLY hot. U dnt need make up. Too bad ur websites are shut down b4 i got the oppertunity to read it. Ur skin looks great and its good to hear that accutane works great 4 ya.

Hey Paula,

Wow, your skin looks amazing! Your lucky you saw such nice results after 2 months. Im in week 5 and still breaking out terribly. I have a livejournal and had seen you on my friends friend's page. I had stayed home from school because I was having such a bad skin day when I saw the entry you made about your battle with acne with picture's included! So many people responded to that post and it was amazing to see I wasn't the only one going through this.

I know you know a lot about makeup. I was wondering, what is a good makeup remover for acne prone skin? What did you use when you wore makeup?

Im glad accutane worked so well for you. smile.gif

u have stunning green/gray eyes. (cant tell what color) & eyeliner looks good.

btw whos that in ur avatar? looks like shirley manson

Thanks!

That's actually ME on my avatar... I get the shirley manson thing ALL the time.

When I had black hair it was "rose mcgowan".

The avatar comes from this pic:

user posted image

paula u should post some new pics of u and the new "hot" guy together...

i must say..u got over your ex fast!!  Are u guys still friends?

HEHEHEHE, I'll have to very very discreetly send you a pic of him, cuz I wanna keep my business sorta private. We were seen together at a NYC fetish party and jaws literally DROPPED, and people are gossiping like nuts. Fucking people. eusa_hand.gif

To be honest with you, I'm not completely over Ted. I still think about him, dream about him sometimes, wonder what he's doing, who he's with, etc. But I can't sit around and wish he would come back, I have to move on with my life. It's been close to 2 months I think, since we broke up... and I can't waste my time. I have to open up to new opportunities, etc ec.

Ted and I aren't friends AT ALL. We had a really bad breakup. I avoid places where I know he'll be, and I think he'd vomit if he saw me. haha.

Crazy how things work out... we used to be so in love. cry.gif

Hey Paula,

Wow, your skin looks amazing!  Your lucky you saw such nice results after 2 months. Im in week 5 and still breaking out terribly.  I have a livejournal and had seen you on my friends friend's page.  I had stayed home from school because I was having such a bad skin day when I saw the entry you made about your battle with acne with picture's included!  So many people responded to that post and it was amazing to see I wasn't the only one going through this. 

I know you know a lot about makeup.  I was wondering, what is a good makeup remover for acne prone skin?  What did you use when you wore makeup?

Im glad accutane worked so well for you. smile.gif

Well, the first 2 weeks were incredible for me. Around my 3rd week I started breaking out pretty bad, and it didn't go away til week 6 or 7 I think. So hang in there, it really DOES work!

As far as makeup removers, I use cheap Clean n Clear stuff, and Dickinson's Witch Hazel. I love Dickinson's cuz it REALLY unclogs your pores, and it doesn't dry you out, cuz there's very little alcohol in it. The clean n clear stuff works, it's cheap, and obviously GREAT for acne-prone skin.

I discovered recently that the BEST foundation out there is Clinique Superfit. It's for combo-oily skin, it hides ALL your pores, mattifies, blends SO EASILY and lasts all day. It's $19, I think, worth every penny. For concealer I used Estee Lauder doublewear, cuz it covers up all and stays on all day. Powder is all about Benefit Get Even, cuz it takes away redness and looks really natural. MAC studio fix is awesome too, but might make you break out...

Hope that helps smile.gif

On accutane what do you wash your face with and what lotion are you using?

Hey!

This is my daily routine:

MORNING:

St Yves apricot scrub, VERY GENTLY as to not irritate my skin.

Noxema cream facewash FOR SENSITIVE SKIN (do NOT get the menthol stuff, it burns)

Clean n Clear moisturizer with .5% salycylic acid

NIGHT:

Clean n Clear foaming face wash and makeup remover (if I wear makeup)

St Yves apricot scrub

Noxema cream facewash OR cetaphyl (depends on wether I'm in the shower or not, haha)

Cetaphyl moisturizer (the green one) and I REALLY pack that shit on.

Day 120!!

Hooraaaaay, 4 months on accutane!

So let's see... I tripped and fell on the sidewalk like an idiot and REALLY fucked up my elbow. My skin is like paper, so it broke and I was bleeding and it was gross. It looks baaaaad.

My muscles are in paaaaain. Accutane makes them sore by default, cuz it dehydrates you... but on top of that I work like a MANIAC! I lost 15lbs in the past 2 months by pretty much LIVING at the gym. It's quite the addiction. But I went kinda heavy on the weight training/abs that today I'm like UGH. DEATH.

But I'm gettin' sick abs! hahaha

Yesterday this girl that I knew (and used to always tell me how pretty I would look without acne) saw me somewhere and was like OMG! YOUR SKIN IS GLOWING!!!!

Hers was broken out. MWahahahaha revenge is SWEET!

look, glowy skin!

user posted image

jooooy.

Anyway, I have to run... need to get my new Accutane rx filled smile.gif

Im not on tane yet but at the momnets ive been using St. Ives the white one.....I think your using the orange one.......

So you use 2 face washes in da mornin and 2 at night?

It doesnt irratate or confuse your skin?

Hmm.............

Man like i said before theirs a lot of other guys out their.........Its hard but it makes you stronger................

Thank god you guys didnt have kids cuz then it would be hard and painful................

BoNessa

To be honest with you, I'm not completely over Ted. I still think about him, dream about him sometimes, wonder what he's doing, who he's with, etc. But I can't sit around and wish he would come back, I have to move on with my life. It's been close to 2 months I think, since we broke up... and I can't waste my time. I have to open up to new opportunities, etc ec.

Ted and I aren't friends AT ALL. We had a really bad breakup. I avoid places where I know he'll be, and I think he'd vomit if he saw me. haha.

Crazy how things work out... we used to be so in love.  cry.gif

OMG.. that's rough. So what about your mutual friends.. probably means you can't be friends with ppl he knows anymore either.. redface.gif

Really amazed how love turns to hate so quickly. I still remember u wrote stuff like how u 2 r so violently in love just a few months ago..and now...

do u think the accutane had anything to do with how u reacted to ted, etc? I know one of the ppl suggested that on your LJ...

Day 120!!

Hooraaaaay, 4 months on accutane!

So let's see... I tripped and fell on the sidewalk like an idiot and REALLY fucked up my elbow. My skin is like paper, so it broke and I was bleeding and it was gross. It looks baaaaad.

My muscles are in paaaaain. Accutane makes them sore by default, cuz it dehydrates you... but on top of that I work like a MANIAC! I lost 15lbs in the past 2 months by pretty much LIVING at the gym. It's quite the addiction. But I went kinda heavy on the weight training/abs that today I'm like UGH. DEATH.

But I'm gettin' sick abs! hahaha

Yesterday this girl that I knew (and used to always tell me how pretty I would look without acne) saw me somewhere and was like OMG! YOUR SKIN IS GLOWING!!!!

Hers was broken out. MWahahahaha revenge is SWEET!

look, glowy skin!

user posted image

jooooy.

Anyway, I have to run... need to get my new Accutane rx filled smile.gif

Ok Baby, but tell me one thing when you get off accutane then what? You can't keep on taking accutane forever can you?

Also this damn accutane has very very serious side effect. I am scared of it so I still am not taking accu , yesterday my doc wanted to call me for blood test so that he could start with accu but I said give me some minocycline once more....

Accutane I think causes it to momentarily disappear then it appears again...

That's what I think. eusa_boohoo.gifninja.gif

hey can i ask after the gym,what do you wash your face with ? has all that sweat and working out effected your acne(or skin) at all?

cheers. biggrin.gif

btw-skin looks fab!!!! like you never had acne.