Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daltgilb

question for paul w. about subcision

Hi Paul,

Just wondering how you would classify your scars and also how old you are. I ask the last question because I know that the bodies ability to repair itself is diminished with age, so subcision may result in significant improvement for someone who is younger than me. I was going to go see Dr. Rapaport,as he is nearby, but have sort of given up on finding treatment. My scars are atrophic and are the result of botched laser (looks very similar to acne scars). I also have large pores etc, so I am contending with lots of problems. Just curious about you because you said you have had 5 subcisions done with a great deal of improvement. Thanks.

I've seen Dr. Rap for 3 subcision/NLITE procedures!...I have improvment but i'm battling to many damaged pores...I've just about given up as well!!

Sorry for posting--i know it's intended for Paul, but had to add my two scents!

thanks max,

What kind of improvement have you seen? i mean, do you feel it's been worth the money and recovery time? i am going to see another doctor who is part of long island plastic surgery group on thursday. don't know if you live in the area, but i'll let you know what the guy is like. his name is dr. douglas and the woman i spoke with in the office seems to think highly of him--whatever that means.

deborah

Hi Deb--i've seen great improvement on the subcision procedures..It plumps up the middle of the scar, but the border stays the same!! The recovery time is less than a week...It was worth the money for it was the only time i saw improvment happening. I'm from Long Island, so i know the area well. I'm presently seeing a Doc who's been doing NLITE on me for over 6 months..I just recently went really high on the NLITE machine so I think i might start to see more improvement...Time will tell!

Max do you reckon you might need dermabrasion or microdermabrasion to smoothen out the borders of the scar.

Will- you might be right, but i can't risk more open pores!!!!!

Deb-I've seen many doctors, I'm presently undergoing NLITE in Long Island b/c he's fairly priced. I'm thinking about doing this needling procedure though.

Max, how did you 3 subcision treatments go with Dr R? I have had 3 or 4 subcisions and I really believe that they are necessary to free the tethered down scars. I have had definite improvement but none have filled in completely. I'm going to try Isolagen. I also have open pores/coarse skin (like an orange) and thought about needling to try to improve texture. Do you think this will work? I thought I read that it would, but can't seem to find the link.

Hi Lola,

I have definitely benefitted from having 3 subcisions. (makes me want to be a doctor :roll: ). And I couldn't agree with you more; freeing the tethered skin helps in turn making other procedures more effective. I am considering a session with Frank at Transitions based on RX's experience. I want to fix my many damaged pores that rest in a confined area, for when my face is relaxed, these pores are like lines! I had subcision on rolling scars. So with regards to your question, I might soon find out if needling fixes our pores.

Daltgilb -

I'm never sure how to classify scars, but varies I guess - boxcar, rolling, etc - moderate severity. I'm 32 now - first starting having subcision at 29.

Not sure, but I think subcision would certainly help at any age, but might be faster for younger people.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just wondering how you would classify your scars and also how old you are. I ask the last question because I know that the bodies ability to repair itself is diminished with age, so subcision may result in significant improvement for someone who is younger than me. I was going to go see Dr. Rapaport,as he is nearby, but have sort of given up on finding treatment. My scars are atrophic and are the result of botched laser (looks very similar to acne scars). I also have large pores etc, so I am contending with lots of problems. Just curious about you because you said you have had 5 subcisions done with a great deal of improvement. Thanks.

what kind of laser procedure caused you more scars? sorry for asking just want to make sure that i dont try it since im seekeing help for my scars too. thanks

Max, thanks for your reply. Good luck with Frank - I am waiting to hear results because it sounds like I have exactly the same problems with my large pores.