Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaTi

Advice please

Well this technically isnt about a medication, but i don't know where else to put it so here I go. I know its bad to pop pimples, but yesterday I just went crazy and popped two of them. I got all the gross stuff out, but today they are red and sore. They look more like picked scabs than popped pimples (I know that sounds really gross) :oops: So, my question is, what is the best way to make the swelling go down and to reduce the redness? Thanks a lot!

Usually if you squeeze a white head and get all of the material out then the swelling should go down dramatically and it should not be sore the following day. I find that timing is everything. If I try to pop a zit and it is not ready then I won't get everything out and it will usually just stay a white head for a few more days. On top of that if I screw it up it usually bursts the sebatious gland below the skin surface and that takes even more time to heal. What a pain, huh!

Wait until you feel that the pimple has come to a head and put a warm wash cloth on it for a minute or two and the material should come out relatively easy. If you have to force it out they you may have messed up and it will stay red and inflammed for a while. Good Luck!

Ibuprofen also works for swelling, even a zit. Any more agressive picking beyond an attempt to expel what my derm like to call "the splinter" will make things so much worse you will be filled with SHOCK and AWE.