Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
asxol

weird kind of pimple on nose... how do I get rid of it?

Hi, I've had th is pimple for about a year already. I'm not really sure what it is, but I have like 3 on my nose. One of them is sort of redish, and the other two are just normal skin color. They all bump up somewhat out of my skin. The weird thing is, that they have no head. They are hard bumps that don't seem like they will ever get heads. I'm wondering how do I get rid of this?

Does it feel something when you touch it? Those probably are keloid scars resulting from previous acne lesions.

...if it's not going away, it's reddish, I think it's sort of a cyst-like thing.

What you can try is a tube of 1% hydrocortisone from walmart (or something like that) and put some on there and it should die down.

I had one like that... it was right on the tip of my nose and very red and stayed there for at least 3 weeks. Someone called me robert the rednosed reindeer :). I got it off by getting a towel and putting hot water on it, then applying pressure with the hot, wet towel twice a day for about 5 minutes. The heat applies counter-irritation I think and weakens the pimple.

However, I think the hydrocortisone works better; it reduces irritation and kills off the pimple. If that doesn't work, though, use the hot towel method.

yeah I do feel something when I touch it, feels like theres something underneath it that is hard. How would I get rid of it if they are keloid scars?