Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Avian

Differin

Guest Avian

Been using it for about a month I think. So far no real improvement compared to BP (my derm told me that improvements were down to minocycline, not BP. Hmmm). I still get cysts and lots of whiteheads on my face, and mainly cysts on my back and chest.

Will I have to do roaccutane if differin doesn't stop me breaking out? Is there anything after differin I can try?

all the topicals are stupid. If the minocycline is not working, you will most likely have to take accutane. Differin didn't work for me, neither did bp or retin-a or anything else i tried. Neither did tetracycline, minacycline or doxycycline.

I used for awhile with not much luck at all. My latest derm told me that it was better for use with teenagers than with adults. I've moved on to a combo of Dynacin and Clearasil adult acne cream (sulphur product) and had much better luck.

i took tetracycline for 6 months. It cleared me up 100%, but this past month I started breaking out again. I think its cause i stopped following the directions to taking tetra like i started taking it after meals or wahtever so my body became immune to it... so now my doc put me on minocycline since it has less restrictions on when you can take it... not to mention that its stronger. Im also on differin... which has helped kill off active acne. I took my first mino pill this morning, hopefully it works other im gonna kill this mild acne with accutane once and for all

I take differin and mino

No REAL improvements

im thinking of doing that ALA thing and than using some stronger topicals

Yeah I've on differin... and retin-a... and a sulfur cleanser... NOTHINGGGGGGGG better.....

I was on mino, and tetra, and cefadroxil, and something else, and something else....

the only thing these antibiotics did was give me horrible yeast infections!!! BOOOOOOOO

Well i've been on differin for 9-10 months now, its been so long I cant remember. After about 4 months there was a noticeable difference and then after 6 months some more clearing was noticeable, but unfortunately I still look pretty damn bad, so roaccutane is the next thing to try really, well its the only thing left. If differin hasnt cleared you up really well by 4 months then I suggest trying roaccutane, just be firm with your derm. I wasnt unfortunately