Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~*T*~

tell me I won't feel like this forever

I don't usually start topics here. And I apologize in advance if this was a waste of your time. But I am so sad tonight. I tried to go to bed. And then I started to cry. I went and put the stupid thought in my head that maybe, just maybe, I will wake up to a face that I actually like looking at. But I won't and I know that.

I am 1month,1week into the tane. And at first I was thinking, right on, lets do this, breakout and all. But now, still in my initial breakout, I am getting discouraged. I know that it will pass, but what about the scars. I HATE them.

I am sooo tired of hiding in my house. I wish I had it in me to just forget bout my face and go out and do stuff. But I can't get passed my appearance. I am embarrased. I am just upset. And I worry that everyone i know is just so sick of hearing bout my stupid acne. But it always finds it's way into every conversation that I have because my life revolves around my skin.

Sorry to post such a downer. But withh all the cysts, pimples, blacheads, and indents, I just find it hard to smile sometimes.

For all the bad I have done, is this the inner ugly coming out of me?

IS THIS A PUNISHMENT???????????????????????

I never thought I was ever that bad a person, but I must have done some kind of terrible to deserve this.

Am I the only one that feels this badly?????

Hey Patience

First... you don't have to apologize for starting a thread.

I know how hard it is. I had a breakout from hell about 1 month into my course as well. It does get better though. It did for me after my second month. The scarring should look better once you're done and the redness is gone.

I'm sure you're not a bad person. Look at all the good people here who have acne.

You're not the only one who feels this bad. A lot of us struggle just to make it through each day,

Patience- Don't ever apologize for starting a thread..this is what keeps the boards going.

I know you feel down right now.. Alot of us do, too. You aren't alone in feeling this way- and it's so weird because as I read your post- there's so many pieces of my thoughts in your words.. It's like we all just want the same things. Obviously clear skin, But the underlying things too. You want to just wake up, go to class- and dont worry about "How many cysts will I have today?" And for me- If Im planning a vacation.. I wonder what my skin will look like, and how much is it gonna suck when I wake up the day of the trip with a bunch of zits and then I wont wanna go... So- I know how you feel. You just want to be normal. That's all- Just- Normal.

And, the great part about all this- is that you will be normal. Pretty soon- everything will come together and work out. I promise- You're gonna be fine. Please try to stick through it, concern yourself with other stuff- and stop obsessing about your face. You really have to stop doing that, until the 4th or 5th month, ok?? As far as scars- there's many, many things for scars. Just conquer one battle at a time, though. Once the acne subsides, the scars will seem less severe. And even if they dont in your oppinion, you can get them fixed. So, cheer up!!!

Dont worry you not alone

I sometimes feel teh same way. Im currently taking minocin and differin and it doens treally do much for me.

Just remember, it WILL clear up, accutane is a very good drug and you WILL feel better.

Guest Craigems

Sorry my first post was pretty poor... I found it funny at the time sad.gif hehe.

Anyways, champ look EVERYONE feels like shit when they first start the tane. It sucks soo bad, everyone hates it you look like a pin-cusion or a person with the chickenpox constantly.

THINGS GET BETTER, EVERYONE ON TANE GETS PRETTY MUCH CURED!!! remember this. For some it comes back, but for most it doesnt. Hang in there its not long till your super clear.

Im 1 month and a week into my treatment too...i know where ur coming from..sometimes i think its getting better and then i wake up and more are pimples are popping up...sometimes it just gets soo hard..

i hate going to school and seeing all the people with clear beautiful skin..

but i guess the thing that keeps me going is knowing that in a couple months my skin hopefully will be flawless...

But when do the Breakouts stop on Accutane??!!

Sorry my first post was pretty poor... I found it funny at the time sad.gif hehe.

Anyways, champ look EVERYONE feels like shit when they first start the tane. It sucks soo bad, everyone hates it you look like a pin-cusion or a person with the chickenpox constantly.

THINGS GET BETTER, EVERYONE ON TANE GETS PRETTY MUCH CURED!!! remember this. For some it comes back, but for most it doesnt. Hang in there its not long till your super clear.

Your first post was pretty cute. It made me smile.

I do look like I have chicken pox all the time. I did even b4 I took tane. My daughter had even asked " why do you have chicken pox all the time?"

So yeah, I am so ready to be through with this.

I will hang in there for sure. It sux though, but atleast now I have some comfort of knowing I will get some relief, eventually...

Thank you all for your posts, they make me feel better. I know we are all doing this together, because we are the only ones that REALLY know what it's like. And, having people to bitch to or cry to, really is comforting.

Good luck at your appointment. I hope you find something that works for you. No one deserves to go through this. I wouldn't even wish it on my worst enemies.

What have you taken for acne so far? How bad is it?

BTW, I have been feeling alot better bout my situation from all the posts. You guys and all the support makes a world of difference, and not just to me I am sure.Thanx again

I am sooo tired of hiding in my house. I wish I had it in me to just forget bout my face and go out and do stuff. But I can't get passed my appearance. I am embarrased. I am just upset. And I worry that everyone i know is just so sick of hearing bout my stupid acne. But it always finds it's way into every conversation that I have because my life revolves around my skin.

Good luck at your appointment. I hope you find something that works for you. No one deserves to go through this. I wouldn't even wish it on my worst enemies.

What have you taken for acne so far? How bad is it?

BTW, I have been feeling alot better bout my situation from all the posts. You guys and all the support makes a world of difference, and not just to me I am sure.Thanx again

wow, I dont ever think I have seen such a supportive forum before. I was pretty scared about going on accutane just because I am older than most people who normally go on it, so I just felt like I would be going at this alone... it's nice to see that there are other people in the same boat as me. Big thumbs up to everyone here.

hey, I was on accutane recently and it cleared me up amazingly in the short period of time i was on it.

When you first start accutane, you think its gonna be forever until your clear, but really, its a very short period of time in your life. You will realise this when its over and have a very different outlook on things im sure.

just keep yer chin up, its all gonna work out. I bet in a couple of weeks you feel 100 times better.

i hope you feel better, patience. as you know, i am too going through an initial breakout from hell (i am onto 13 weeks now). and i know how frustrating it is that one day it can seem and feel better only to wake up the next morning to a whole new breakout. i think the trick is to remember what you told yourself when you decided to try accutane (i try to do this too). when i started accutane i told myself, "whatever happens, go with the flow. it will get better. the breakouts will end. stick with it."

good luck. it will work.

wow, I was surprised to see this topic brought back up. I am now on my 4th month, (time flies) and well. I am out of the initial breakout. Well kinda, not really. Everytime I think I am clearing, I break out again.

Hmm, most are pleased in their 3rd month, but maybe for me it will be the 4th. I hope anyway.

Seeing this post made me feel good. Wierd I know. I posted another "complaint" post today or yesterday, and I realized that I am way happier with my appearance today than I was the day I wrote that.

God, these message boards are GREAT. They do help us through these times. Thanx alot guys, you're all great.

*****FINGERS CROSSED*****

Man that is weird........Its strang how one day you'll really feel like shit....Then the next you suddenly have faith...Hmm......And I love this site too man..I have no clue how i came across it but im glad....Its good to have people who really know how it feels and who understand how horrible acne makes you feel. Im hopefully starting accutane soon......Maybe ill start on of these post things when i start takin it. Good luck Patience......I really hope your acne clears....Stay StRong.

BoNessa

eusa_whistle.gif Dont woRRy abouta thing

cuZ eveRy little thing is gonna be alRight......

-BoB MaRley

For all the bad I have done, is this the inner ugly coming out of me?

IS THIS A PUNISHMENT???????????????????????

I never thought I was ever that bad a person, but I must have done some kind of terrible to deserve this.