Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JillyBo

My Accutane Journal

Hey i'm really new hear and this is actually my first post but I just want to keep a wee jouirnal of what's happening, even if for my own benefit or to give someone in the same situation as me something to read.

So far i've been on it for four days and the worst thing about it so far is getting the tub of vaseline open while i have moisturieser on my hands. My face doesn't feel much drier than normal and my lips aren't dry or chapped at all.

The only side effect (possibly not even that) so far is i have two large red lumps on my forhead.

Also.. what is cystic acne? Is it the lumps i have on my forhead? I know i should be expecting it but i can't find any good descriptions of what it is.

Also... i'm on 60mg a day and i weight 77kgs... i think.

Thankooo

*EDIT*

Oh yeah... my mother and sister both had acne so i know it's herreditory (sp?).

My sister took one course of Roaccutane (Not sure what amount) and her skin has been clear for about 3-4 years? Does this improve my chances that when the course is done i won't have to do it again?

yeah those mountains on your forehead are cysts. You are probably experiencing an intitial breakout.. things will be bad for the first month or so. They clear dramatically in the 3rd month for most people.

My acne is also heredity. My mom, dad, and sister had it. Well, now im plagued with the disease. Hopefully i'll also be on accutane soon. Good luck.

Well i posted that two days ago and i'm feeling just the same now. My face still isn't all that dry although my lips are really sore. The two lumps are really not erupted anymore and i've not put anything on them except my moistureiser. I have more spots than usual but if this is the initial breakout then is absolutely fine... well not fine but you know what i mean wink.gif

I'm about to take another three tablets which would be a week of the course is over... Don't feel much at mo but i didn't expect to really

Merci ...

My face is actually not dry and i am now 11 days into the treatment. My lips are very chapped but my face just seems normal. My skin has broken out quite a bit now and i think i'm beginning to get dandruff. Can anyone asnwer me this: My sister (who is now 21) took a course of Roaccutane when she was 17 and is still free of acne to this day... Does this heighten my chances of the course of Acc. causing my acne to stay away for good? Or at least for 4 years or so?

Hello i'm now 17 days into the course.

My acne is not much worse at all except a lot more whiteheads and a couple of cysts. I guess it is worse actually.

Anyway i'm on day 17 and i've started on 60mg while i only weigh 77kgs. Should i not have experienced an initial breakout by now... what with having started on a relatively high dosage?

Oh yeah could anyone answer the question i asked up there^^^ ?

Here it is again:

My sister (who is now 21) took a course of Roaccutane when she was 17 and is still free of acne to this day... Does this heighten my chances of the course of Acc. causing my acne to stay away for good? Or at least for 4 years or so?

Cheers

Acne and thus its response to treatment exhibits complex genetic patterns, but loosely speaking a sibling benefiting in a certain way from Roaccutane bodes very well indeed for you, especially if you are of the same gender and somewhat less so if you are of opposite genders, owing to the the heritable tendency of not just oil gland receptor sensitivity to androgens but also how the androgens and oil glands generally interact within the body (and given that androgens function in differen ways and to markedly different degrees in males and femles).

You've checked out the Accutane Equation, right?

I start tomorrow, so good luck to us both!!!

;-)

Hello i'm now 17 days into the course.

My acne is not much worse at all except a  lot more whiteheads and a couple of cysts. I guess it is worse actually.

Anyway i'm on day 17 and i've started on 60mg while i only weigh 77kgs. Should i not have experienced an initial breakout by now... what with having started on a relatively high dosage?

Oh yeah could anyone answer the question i asked up there^^^ ?

Here it is again:

My sister (who is now 21) took a course of Roaccutane when she was 17 and is still free of acne to this day... Does this heighten my chances of the course of Acc. causing my acne to stay away for good? Or at least for 4 years or so?

Cheers

Hey... thanks for the reply.

And yeah i've checked out the accutane equation it said i have a 44% chance of it coming back which is something i'm not sure if i should be pleased about or not.

well I think i'm almost a month into my course.

I'm finding dry skin alot and it's embarrassing but it's only in the places i don't moisturise.

My lips are severly chapped and extremely sore it's very annoying and vaseline doesn't seem to help all that much.

My spots are just the same.

Alot of my spots aren't ACTUALLY lumps and the skin feels smooth. But they still look like they're there and they are pretty visible. I'm worried that these are scars... will these go away?

Cheers for your help.