Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jessica23100

I CRY EVERY TIME I SEE IN THE MIRROR! :(

Sorry about my language, im not a native speaker.

I have very oily skin, cystic acne, and deep scars.

i would like to know if it is posible, to wear make up, even if i have active acne (third cycle of accutane, first mont of treatment)?

if yes, can you recommend me some known brands, that are oil-free, based on water, non-comedogenic... etc?

the unique time i have used make up, looks like my skin absorb it, like a sponge, why is this? is it because the oily skin that i have? what can i do to avoid the absorbtion of the make up?

l'oreal mattique. water based, oil free, non comedogenic. the safest of safe foundations. trust me. not almay no maybelline or cover girl please. then get a compact powder like clinique stay matte sheer pressed powder. you'll be set.

Jessica

your subject heading made me feel so sad. I am sorry you feel that way every time you look in the mirror... I hope you have some good friends and family who are supportive and remind you of how much of a beautiful person you are inside... (and probably on the outside too) and how looks are not all that counts. If you don't have people telling you that, then I am telling you now! I am 29 and have had cystic acne for YEARS and now lots of scarring (acne is under control withthe BP). Yet, I have a gorgeous husband and 2 amazing kids and a great family who know I suffer from acne but always try to encourage me. My husband thinks I am THE MOST beautiful woman in the world (I mean, all husbands think that of their wives don't they?! :) ) even though he SEES me without makeup on, when it's at it's worst. And believe me, without makeup my skin looks awful! :-

SO, hang in there. I don't know how old you are but try not to let your skin get you down and focus on some other important parts of you... your personality and talents/abilities. And I do hope you can get your acne under control and start to feel good about yourself. :)

I've had good results with Aromaleigh mineral powder. It's very high coverage. You'd have to order it online though, but it is cheaper than most of the store brands. I mix a little with moisturizer and apply as a foundation (you can also adjust coverage this way), then put on neutrogena spf 30 powder over it (relatively high coverage powder, safe for acne-prone skin). I never had any luck with liquid foundations: they either broke me out or dried up on my skin, including neutrogena.

Hi Jessica

I CRIED TONIGHT Its s**t isn't it.....im in the middle of a horrendous breakout so im seriously sad :) . I feel for you, BIG HUG.

Im the same as you. Super oily, very open pores, cystic acne and lots of discoloration from all the nasty topicals ive used in the past. I don't have deep scars though, mine are red and purple marks which are completely flat but to other people look like huge zits :-

Hows the accutane going??? Im about to start my second course next month (70mg daily for 7 months) after the first one only worked 50%, then came back even worse. Let us know how your getting on...

Im in the uk, and i use Boots No7 Matte Perfect foundation. Whatever brand I try dosn't stay on my skin very long. Maybe a couple of hours at most. Its just one of the annoying things that goes with along with having very oily skin. Blotting sheets are helpful at mopping up oily patches (I use Clean and Clear) and then putting a little pressed powder over the top to give a bit of coverage and makes your pores look smaller.....im afraid thats all I can tell you as im still trying to find a solution myself :?

Take care and Good Luck xxx

Hello, well from my personal battle with my skin, i have discovered that covergirl aquasmooth make up works pretty good for me. All the stuff your looking for, it has. So far my only problem with it is that i have is that the sponges it comes with absorbs most of the make up so maybe try a different type of sponge. And if you have bad scarring like mines you might want to get a foundation to go over the major scars because they can show through. After the make up sets on my skin it looks like i have perfect skin. Plus its water based so no oily feel after having it on all day. Hope i can help, and stay away from that other liquid/powder compact that cover girl makes, it has a lot of oil in it.

Thank you for your comments! :=)

Sorry I wasn't answering your posts. I was bussy on college.

Im on my third month on accutane and im very HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! :D

MY SKIN IS GETTING CLEARER! IM SOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPY.

Still I have scars, but looks like they're getting a little shallow.

Im a little affraid, if after stopping with accutane, the acne wold return, i hope not.

:D

I know Ima little late but I hope all of you are doing okay. I know what it's like to look in the mirror and want to cry...or even put on make-up and want to cry. But no matter what I have to say that prayer gets me through my lows and even my highs. Take the time to praise the name of the Lord and I am sure he will bless you!

(not insinuating that you don't!)

Job 23:10, "But he know the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold."

Guest Dwight_Sheila69

Does Dermablend cover better then any other makeup?? Like better then mineral makeup?? And also is it powder or cream?