Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

Working out on accutane

max, you're a big no-no.

i'm not getting into this with you, but people need to do what they want. and your offhanded, uneducated remarks are not welcome. if they want to take accutane, if they want to work out when they are on accutane, 'let' them.

either that or start saving up and make a movie about your life and how it sucks. maybe brad pitt'll play you!! or write a book. a teal tear-jerker i bet.

as for hormonal levels and "working out harder to feel normal"? you don't know what you are talking about.

do not reply to this.

lol

what i dont think u get si that there are hundreds of different kinds of homrones. Your saying that the hormone that is sent from your brain though the blood stream to your muscles, telling the cells "we need protien for more tissue" is the exact same hormone that is sent to you face that releases oils?

max, you're a big no-no.

i'm not getting into this with you, but people need to do what they want. and your offhanded, uneducated remarks are not welcome. if they want to take accutane, if they want to work out when they are on accutane, 'let' them.

either that or start saving up and make a movie about your life and how it sucks. maybe brad pitt'll play you!! or write a book. a teal tear-jerker i bet.

as for hormonal levels and "working out harder to feel normal"? you don't know what you are talking about.

do not reply to this.

lexi there ar emore factors to acne tha testosterone

and there even more factors to muscle gain

i may be talking out of my ass here but i dont think that acne and muscle gain are so linked together.

max: i just wanted to say i'm sorry for being mean in the previous post. you are clearly an insightful man, but i don't think this is the forum for you. maybe you should (as others have said) check out the emotional effects of acne board...

what do you say?

max: i just wanted to say i'm sorry for being mean in the previous post. you are clearly an insightful man, but i don't think this is the forum for you. maybe you should (as others have said) check out the emotional effects of acne board...

what do you say?

uh max i think teh reason why your not suppose to drink is because of the strain on the liver. The liver is doing enough with teh vitamin A i dont think it needs to also clean teh blood form alchohol.

I dont think alchohol increases hormone levels. If it does i dont think its over a long period of time.

Max can u cite this info cause if its true i really wanna read into it lol

uh max i think teh reason why your not suppose to drink is because of the strain on the liver. The liver is doing enough with teh vitamin A i dont think it needs to also clean teh blood form alchohol.

I dont think alchohol increases hormone levels. If it does i dont think its over a long period of time.

Max can u cite this info cause if its true i really wanna read into it lol

Another problem with not revealing the mechanism:

But this is really upsetting. If you are a person that needs to do exercise quite much allready before taking Accutane, and feel that if you quit you will feel bad, Accutane is NOT for you.

If you do heavy exercise while taking the drug, you will have to take it longer until it works, simply because you are then working "towards" the medicine. You shoot up the hormonal levels - and with the medicine you shoot down your sensitivity for hormones.

I just can´t understand why this is not included in the package, should be.

I'm on my 6th month of Accutane, and I have been less active than I have ever been in my entire life while on it. I have a great metabolism, and drink a lot of water; I think this helps me stay thin. If you are planning on working out, i'd take it easy as Accutane is known to cause back pain and in rare cases, bone loss (I think). Also, 100% against taking a multi.

What the hell are you guys talking about?

Multivitamins can be bought without vitamin A in them.

They should be taken by everyone living on planet Earth, it's almost impossible to get the essential vitamins, minerals etc. from eating foods.

And multivitamins making you fat? What the hell? The amounts of essential fats is so minimal its crazy.

Get a brain.

max you are a ****ing idiot.

The only way working out could raise your test levels is if you were lifting weights and following a weight-gaining diet. Even then the levels would really be negligible to your acne...

If you're taking accutane, the effects of hormones on the skin will be irrelevant...the difference in hormone levels is negligible.

And to the topic creator: Vitamins aren't stored as fat, what the hell, they don't even have any protein, fat or carbs. How is it even remotely POSSIBLE? If anything taking vitamins encourages FAT LOSS. You both are idiots.