Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Im exercising 5 times a week at a place where i can use a sauna. Ive heard sauna is good for the skin, but how is it for acne? I got between middle and moderate acne in my face, how will this be affected? should i use the sauna as often as possible or should i stay away?

I have heard some good stuff with sweating. But IMO i dont really think it is very significant. Sweat comes from a different opening from where you pimples actually emerge. But i wouldn't make any hasty generalizations and i would do some research instead!

Just try google!

it's probably alright to do it once in a while. But, supposedly steaming your face too much can be irritating so I guess that goes for saunas too...

sauna is good, but it's only temporary, so don't depend on it too much. If you do it a lot, it's not great for your heart.

What do you mean by temprorary? Would it help for hours? days? weeks?

Im pretty sure my acne is just temprorary, and caused by some hormones cause of the age im in..

sweating takes all the toxins and junk out of your skin, but make sure to wash after you do. I've never used a sauna, tell us how it works for you

Dont think the extreme heat of the sauna too good for acne. I used to take steam showers, and usually caused breakouts. As someone said, sweat doesent clear out blockages caused by acne. It might work, but the heat might not be great for it