Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acneboard

Nivea for men "oil control" lotion

i have been using this before i started the regimen just for spot mosturizing. MOstly because it has a nice manly smell to it. It doesnt smell like lotion at all and feels good, but i was wondering if anyone knew if this was ok to use over my entire face now that i am started the regimen. thanks to anyone who knows, Here are the ingredients if that helps:

water glycerin cyclopentasiloxane, distarch phosphate, alcohol denat., propylene glycol, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, cyclohexasiloxane, dicaprylyl carbonate, glyceryl stearate citrate, methyl palmitate, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, dicaprlylcone, tocoheryl acetate, fucus vesiculosus extract, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, carbomer, sodium hydroxide, aluminum chlorohydrate, potassium iodide, methylparaben, propylparaben.

thanks again to anyone who can offer any help or advice

Ive heard from a friend thats really into skin products and stuff that NIVEA is shit, and that u should stay away from it. It contains stearing which will make ur face seem better, but will only make it worse. She said she wouldnt reccomend them for anyone. I dont know if that counds for every NIVEA product though...

so if i dont break out with it do you think its ok to use over my entire face becuase it smells so good compared to the lotiony smell of the other lotions. ... or should i stick with the recomended one

Well I dunno about the oil control lotion but the regular nivea for men lotion was great...............for people who dont have acne. I luved but it didnt work well for my skin if that makes any sense. I think I just loved creamy texture and manly smell. If I ever outgrow acne I will get back to using it.

yea the original was decent. it has vitamin b5 and vitamin e in it. It has fragrance though (can be good or bad depending on your choice). It wasn't shiny and oily. it was just like a cream. It doesn't last very long though, only works through part of the night.