Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Red Bean

PHOTOFACIALS for acne scars

Has anyone tried a photofacial for scars? Not the ice pick kind, but brown/red spots? I heard about them and did a search and the before an after pictures are sooo convincing. PLUS there's NO DOWNTIME. It's supposed to get rid of acne scars, age spots, sun damage, rosacea, broken blood vessels, that kind of thing. It's supposed to work in 3 - 5 treatments. NO DOWNTIME??? THAT'S AWESOME! Sign me up! HAHA!

I've had 5 photofacials, and they helped in that my skin looked tighter and smoother, but it did not do anything for scarring and broken blood vessels, as I look back on this treatment, they are using a laser which does tighten the skin, it does look smoother, but that is about it. Also it depends on how high they turn the laser, after one treatment with the laser low, my skin looked great,, the next time it was turned up higher and my skin was very pink for weeks, and they told me it would be pink for just a few days.

Has anyone tried a photofacial for scars? Not the ice pick kind, but brown/red spots

Brown and red spots aren't scars.