Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Safa

Benzoyl peroxide on neck, shoulders, back, and chest!!!!

Hi every one ,,,i'm new ,, well i have visited this website several times before, but this my first time to post some thing.

I use a treatment plan that is almost the same as this Regimen ..and it works but only on my face :) ...i use Benzoyl peroxide in the morning and retin_A before bedtime... I've noticed a good respond for this plan on my face but strangly i've also noticed that i started to have Acne in other areas like my chest and arms !!! i tried to use th same thing on those areas but after a while i had some acne on my back as well :) ..it seems like the Acne has to come out from some where in my body ..is that normal ?? and one thing is that when i tried to use the Benzoyl peroxide on areas enfected other than my face, it looked like as if i had a fire burning !!!!

I would like to know if i should continue using it and whether it will get better afterwards or i should stop it ??

thanx in advance...

The regimen should work anywhere on the body, as long as the acne is of the papule/pustule, whitehead/blackhead variety. If you've got nodules and cysts (the big ones), it may not work. However, using the regimen means using generous amounts of bp. I highly doubt you are using enough on those areas. In fact, if you are using the neutrogena on-the-spot, you'll go broke using enough on all those areas. Check your HMO's pharmacy if you have one and see if they have a large, generic size 2.5% bp and start smearin' that stuff on.

-Dan

BP cleared my chest completely and the scars are almost gone. I used 10% BP on my chest and 2.5% on my face. I have acne on my back too, but it costs too much to use BP on my back but I know my back will be clear by the end of this summer when ill actually have time. Good luck!

~Trin

because 10% BP cleared my chest and face completely, so Im sure that it will clear my back, but it will take too much time to do it now w/ all my classes and work so Ill start after the semester is over for spring. I still get zits sometimes on my face, but only b4 my period, or if I dont use enough BP,

~Trin