Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dermadude

TCA CROSS MY MIRACLE

biggrin.gif Well i posted before that I was doing tca cross and have dont it twice.. The first time I did it I was very disappointed but I was very skinpy on the tca and used a ver small toothpick on some rolling and smaller craters. I had very liitl to no improvement. The I used a larger homemade applicator and actually used a decent amount of TCA and damn after the scabs came off it was red but level with the skin. After the rednes went away it was still level with the skin..

I am so freaking happy this works!!!!!!! The only topical I used was oxymist which helped my skin heal rather quickly contrary to the therory that the longer it takes to heal the better the outcome...

I've removed most of the rolling scars and now I gonna work on the larger box cars scars. Now the toothpick would make sense on icepick scarring but not for the larger scars in IMHO..

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE

biggrin.gif  Well i posted before that I was doing tca cross and have dont it twice.. The first time I did it I was very disappointed but I was very skinpy on the tca and used a ver small toothpick on some rolling and smaller craters. I had very liitl to no improvement. The I used a larger homemade applicator and actually used a decent amount of TCA and damn after the scabs came off it was red but level with the skin. After the rednes went away it was still level with the skin..

I am so freaking happy this works!!!!!!!  The only topical I used was oxymist which helped my skin heal rather quickly contrary to the therory that the longer it takes to heal the better the outcome...

I've removed most of the rolling scars and now I gonna work on the larger box cars scars. Now the toothpick would make sense on icepick scarring but not for the larger scars in IMHO..

GOOD LUCK PEOPLE

shoot. you should keep some before and after pictures for us to see!

and what does your homemade applicator look like?

How long has it been since you did the cross? I ask this because mine will completely disappear for 2-3 weeks and come back. I don't want to discourag you i'm just curious if this has been a longterm solution for you.

Great to hear, dermadude.

I did CROSS with 50% TCA and saw good results. Did it about 2 weeks before Halloween last year. My last scab fell off on Halloween (how appropriate) and although most of the marks stayed red for a while, some of the scars I treated pretty much disappeared, and all of them improved. The healing process is slow, and the scab stage is hell, because for me, I treated about 8 - 10 spots all at once and looked like something out of a horror movie for a week and a half. But once those scabs were off, I could cover up the redness, which was a relief.

As of right now, about 4 and a half months later, I haven't seen a relapse in any scars. I mean, that initial swelled-up stage is great, because all of them look like they disappeared, which is maybe why people think their scars come back after a few weeks. I don't think it's that they come back, but the swelling from the initial injury goes down and the scar seems to reappear, which I saw also, but even though they're back, they appeared less deep or apparent, to me.

In fact, now that I've started using Copper Peptides, I notice that some scars have improved further. There was an icepick on my cheek right next to my nose that I crossed that definitely improved and was lifted almost to the level of the surrounding skin about 2-3 months after CROSS, but now, after 2 1/2 weeks of CP serum and Trireduction cream use, it's pretty much gone. With makeup, invisible. And, the remaining redness I had has markedly faded with the use of CPs. I've noticed the red fading quickly to pink or disappearing altogether (this goes for any blemishes that have died but are still red--they heal up quicker). My skin has an overall more even tone to it, whereas pre-CPs, the CROSSed spots were still on the red side, especially after I washed my face. So I think it's possible for the remodeling/healing process to continue past the 3-month mark, especially with topicals to help, because nothing else could explain how this little icepick is pretty much history and suddenly my red spots have gone to pink. I wish I'd started CPs sooner.

I would've done more CROSSes after my first, but now that I no longer work at home, I just can't do the scab thing. LOL. If I do it again in the future, which is always possible, I'll stick to one spot at a time. Having a ton of scabs on my face was not pleasant. But I think it's definitely a promising scar revision technique, although you have to know what you're doing (test spots and using 50% TCA are advisable), be willing to take a risk, and be prepared to have things look way worse before they get better. I'm happy with the results I got from 1 CROSS, so I can only imagine the benefits of doing repeated procedures. Maybe once I get past the recoup stage from Accutane, I'll give CROSS a go again.

But please, don't do this if you've just read one thread or you haven't read up on it at all. And I'll say it again because to me, it bears repeating: 100% TCA is a *big* risk. It *is* possible to mess up your face worse. You have to have balls bigger than church bells. I'd suggest you use 50% and even that, you have to watch it. But I'd rather see someone have to do it more times with 50% to get results than try 100% and burn a hole in their face. It's not worth that kind of risk. Please be careful.

~Kat

I like the way you broke it down for us Redhdgrl, that seems safe what you did.

I am trying to get on peelsondemand.com but cant seem to get the site is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me?

Redhedgrl where did you get your 50% TCA from?

How long has it been since you did the cross? I ask this because mine will completely disappear for 2-3 weeks and come back. I don't want to discourag you i'm just curious if this has been a longterm solution for you.

I like the way you broke it down for us Redhdgrl, that seems safe what you did.

I am trying to get on peelsondemand.com but cant seem to get the site is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me?

Redhedgrl where did you get your 50% TCA from?

OMG, thank you redhedgrl

I def. wont get tca from ebay.

thank you for all the advice ,tips and warnnings, of course when i try this i am only doing one ice pick and see how that goes, I am most def. going to take my time with this.

hey dermadude, thanks for your story! i was wondering though, how long does the treated area stay red after tca? i can deal with two weeks of scabs but a long time with red marks does not sound pleasant.

thanks!

kapone

Hey,

What do those of you who have done TCA CROSS think about applying TCA to a scar that is almost level with the surrounding skin??

Like you, I've had fantastic results with TCA. Now, the scars I have been treating are very, very close to being completely level but they are still visible. I am not sure whether to do another TCA or not. What has been your experience with this--or what do you think you'll do when you get to this point?

Hey,

What do those of you who have done TCA CROSS think about applying TCA to a scar that is almost level with the surrounding skin??

Like you, I've had fantastic results with TCA.  Now, the scars I have been treating are very, very close to being completely level but they are still visible.  I am not sure whether to do another TCA or not.  What has been your experience with this--or what do you think you'll do when you get to this point?

Id say go for it. Just make sure that you give it enough time to heal before doing it again cuase you skin is gradually healing day by day so dont rush the already damaged skin till the redness fade mostly/// eusa_naughty.gif but yea if it almost level it can be brought even with the skin and thats whats so great about it..

The reason I think this isnt popular among surgeons or derms is because of its effectiveness and cost wise. I mean what sound more benifical when it come to income for docs. A cheap TCA Cross or a 2000$ laser surgery HMMMM i wonder...

Basically there are some compentent docs but i can assure you that 80% are out for your money!!!!! evil.gif EVRYTHING IS BASED ON MONEY PEOPLE....

NOW FOR MY IMFORMATION PLEASE PAYPAL ME 100$ PM ME WITH YOUR INFO

hahahahahah JK PEOPLE IM HERE TO HELP!!!!!!! I here to help i wont be in the scar section to much but ill be in the redness section so if you have any ??????? please feel free to ask. But be reasonable about the question that can be found doing the search, GOOD LUCK !!!!!

Dermadue, I've been thinking about your method for a while, and I have postulated a hypothesis as to why your needling+CROSS treatments have been so effective.

The whole premise behind CROSS is that the tca is supposed to raise scars by stimulating collagen growth by way of the acid's scabbing, right? Well, I think this is very similar to premise behind needling, as well. Needling, in theory, is supposed to penetrate and break up the scar tissue in the dermis, thereby stimulating collagen growth, right? Well, when you combine the two, the efficacy of the treatment, at least according to you, dramatically increases. This may be because the needling directly breaks up the scar tissue (as opposed to repeated applications of tca CROSS, which indirectly, through several treatments, break up the underlying scar tissue), thereby stimulating some new collagen growth, and perhaps the tca acts as some sort of catalyst in hastening the stimulation. This may be why you saw immediate results using the needling+CROSS combo., whereas using tca CROSS alone usually requires at least 3-6 for satisfactory results. I dunno. I thought this up one day. What do you guys think?