Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Freakyd

Seriously Listen

- Ok guys

I used to post on this forum, in fact quite a bit. Nothing has seemed to change. The regimen is a lot of work that takes a ton of time, money and patience. I don't think it necessarily works so much as it does combat acne. God knows lathering on $5 tubes of BP over and over doesn't change your genetic make-up, rather it just dries your face out and gives acne a harder time surfacing. It seems to me that acne runs on a cycle. You can wash your face, apply BP & moisturizer all you want, but in the long run the cycle is what determines your acne. Have you noticed you get acne in the same spots? This is because it runs on a cycle, a clock. I will be completely clear for about 4 days and then the cycle will restart.

I have invested probably $150 or more on the regimen. I have followed steps exactly. I do think it works to an extent. However for the price and all the work I'm going to say that it isn't worth it. I'm reading through all these posts and I can't help but feel bad. This regimen has too many holes. I'm so happy that Dan has taken the time to help people in his quest to show the world that all you need is BP, however I do not think it's what we need. We all have different types of skin and BP is not a cure-all. I know Dan has said the BP regimen is for light-medium acne. I'm light acne the regimen simply tries to hold it off. I work out nightly taking sat. sun. off, I drink over 4 liters of water a day and I eat healthy. I think this BP regimen is a farce. The only fail-proof method is taking medication in pill form (accutane, tri-cycoline, m-cycoline). It is less work and it works a hell of a lot better.

My advice to you is drink lots of water try to eat healthy and contact a derma. so that they can administer some pills. Forget the small 2 or 4 oz. bottle of overpriced BP, it's a rip and all it does is dry out and irritate skin. Everytime you apply that BP you are killing your skin, that is why you have to renew it with the Eurcerin "Renewal Moisturizer."

Thanks for your help Dan even though I don't think it's very effective.

i wouldnt go as far as to call it a farce but i do agree with you on some points...i missed one day..ONE DAY on this godamn regimen and my face went to shit...i dont want to do this the rest of my life...which is probably the only way it will work...unfortunetly accutane didnt work for me either..oh well..

dan = still one of the G.O.A.T.

There is just so much to do with this regimen.

- Wash Thoroughly

- Pat dry, wait 15 minutes

- apply BP

- Wait

- apply moisturizer

- Then go through your day in fear that BP cream is leaking out your poors showing everyone that you have loads of medication on your skin.

nah see thats why i only apply at night..in addition to it coming off i also dont have enough time in the morning to do all that

what are you gonna do in place of the regimen?

I think this BP regimen is a farce. The only fail-proof method is taking medication in pill form (accutane, tri-cycoline, m-cycoline). It is less work and it works a hell of a lot better.

Ok ...and I think a contrary view is always worth hearing ...but I think it is a little uncool to overstate it by using a loaded word like"farce" particularly as you are on a not-for profit site maintained by Dan.

I'm 27 and the ONLY thing that has ever worked for me is the Regimen. And wot I have found to be ineffective was accutane (no lasting effect) Antibiotics (only minor improvement and the cause of some fairly aggressive yeast infections). But then I am not going to turn around and call accutane a "farce" just because it didn't work for me. No treatment is "fail-proof" the regimen included.

every body is different, so it might work for some and it might not work of some. For me, it didn't work, but it did help alittle.

yeah dan is a good guy. he found that this regime worked for him so hes now showing it to the world without any costs.

but i have to agree, BP didn't work for me. it just killed my skin completely. it hyperpigmented my scars and made it black.

so now i stopped using the regime. everyone's skin is different.

but u mention that taking pills is effective? yesss ! very effective.

however, that kills your body internally too. don't think taht taking antibotics is good and works like vitamin. it isn't.

I'm one of those who the regimen has worked GREATLY for. My face is completely clear. It's the greatest thing. After suffering with acne for 10 years and two rounds of accutane. Yeah, it takes a lot of time and it does cost you, but it is SOOOO worth it to me. My confidence is so much better now. I don't know what I would have done if I had not found this sight and started the regimen. I guess is does work differently for different people. Even if I do get the occasional Zit like around my period, it's nothing compared to the 20 or so, I was used to. Don't worry you'll find what works for you. It takes a while but you'll get there. But there are a lot of people for which this regimen has wonders for.

mercer

Freakyd posts these sorts of posts every so often slamming the regimen and trying to get people to turn against it for some reason. I always respond with the same comments.

Are you really following the regimen precisely? Same products, not otherwise irritating your face? And have you given it a few months of concentrated effort to work?

In this case, I have a few more comments as well. First, the regimen requires patience, but I gladly spend my 10 minutes or so twice a day on the regimen to stay clear. You're complaining about having to do something for your skin. I don't have any sympathy for that. That may sound harsh, but it sounds like you want a miracle cure. As far as the medication "leaking out of your pores", switch to an alpha hydroxy moisturizer and wait a while before exercising and this will no longer be an issue.

Also, I'll take the bait and respond to the "farce" remark. I have had 13 people come to my house to be coached on the regimen for before and after pictures. 12 are now completely clear. They obviously are following everything just right because I was there to coach them. My point is that the regimen works amazingly well when followed closely.

-Dan

Guest fatman_uk

Dude, this evalution of the regimen u've done is unprecidented bullshit... how can u say it's a farce jus coz it didn't work for u?

An how can u promote pill popping? I'd say that the side effects of some of the pills prescribed are worse than the possibility of dry skin. Plus it might not work for others, jus like BP didn't work for u.

Personally, i've been on tetracycline, ethro... sumthin (i think), an a third pill, an they never did ANYTHIN for me, neither in the long or short run. An me moderate acne wasn't 'bad' enough, accordin to my doctor, for him to refer me to a dermotologist, an i was a student when i found this site... so private health care was outta the question.

Then i foun acne.org, read how Dan figured u should use more BP than the docs ever told me to... an after a couple of faults where i didn't follow the instructions correctly (see Dans comments) i got clear.

Strange, no?

-Gaz

Thats what makes this site great..people can share views that differ. Personally, accutane worked for me as far as clearing my ance. Obviously, this regimen has also worked for many others. I applaud Freaky for honestly pointing out that it may not work for everyone and I applaud Dan for being selfless enough to share what worked for him.Freedon of speech is a great thing.

Guest fatman_uk
I applaud Freaky for honestly pointing out that it may not work for everyone

Sounded to me, more like *anyone*. :roll:

-Gaz

You don't achieve anything without a little work...I doubt you could go and run a 5 minute mile without practicing a lot before hand, raising endurance, running daily, all the good stuff. Anything is possible if you work hard enough...it's worked for me almost completely...got a small spot left to clear and some red spots. A little work is worth it. If you don't feel like spending 20 minutes a day on it, then oh well. It's not worth it to you, you don't want it bad enough, therefore you aren't gonna be strict about doing it. It's partly psychological if you think about it, think it will work, and hey, it just might. :) And it takes time, Rome wasn't built in a day.

Dan, I don't post every so often demeaning the regimen. Come on now. As for the rest of you, I don't think you all need to get so defensive; it's just an acne regimen it's not life/death. UK and Dan maybe you should write a book together or something, or wait... Did you try that already? At any rate I don't care if it works for anyone or not, I simply read all these complaints as subjects and responded. Go ahead and defend your regimen like it's your lover, I don't care. It has some-what worked, and yes I have followed the directions concisely, don't get mad because it doesn't work for everyone. Peace.

:) Hmmmm, and neither does Accutane...sorry to break it to you buddy, but there isn't anything that will 100% work for everyone. :wink:

Hey Dan,

What about the 13th person? Has their skin cleared at all? Not to diss the regimen, 12/13 is pretty impressive, plus all the people here. I'm just wondering what you think went wrong in that case.

Thanks,

Vanessa

- Ok guys  

I used to post on this forum, in fact quite a bit.  Nothing has seemed to change.  The regimen is a lot of work that takes a ton of time, money and patience.  I don't think it necessarily works so much as it does combat acne.  God knows lathering on $5 tubes of BP over and over doesn't change your genetic make-up, rather it just dries your face out and gives acne a harder time surfacing.  It seems to me that acne runs on a cycle.  You can wash your face, apply BP & moisturizer all you want, but in the long run the cycle is what determines your acne.  Have you noticed you get acne in the same spots?  This is because it runs on a cycle, a clock.  I will be completely clear for about 4 days and then the cycle will restart.  

I have invested probably $150 or more on the regimen.  I have followed steps exactly.  I do think it works to an extent.  However for the price and all the work I'm going to say that it isn't worth it.  I'm reading through all these posts and I can't help but feel bad.  This regimen has too many holes.  I'm so happy that Dan has taken the time to help people in his quest to show the world that all you need is BP, however I do not think it's what we need.  We all have different types of skin and BP is not a cure-all.  I know Dan has said the BP regimen is for light-medium acne.  I'm light acne the regimen simply tries to hold it off.  I work out nightly taking sat. sun. off, I drink over 4 liters of water a day and I eat healthy.  I think this BP regimen is a farce.  The only fail-proof method is taking medication in pill form (accutane, tri-cycoline, m-cycoline).  It is less work and it works a hell of a lot better.  

My advice to you is drink lots of water try to eat healthy and contact a derma. so that they can administer some pills.  Forget the small 2 or 4 oz. bottle of overpriced BP, it's a rip and all it does is dry out and irritate skin.  Everytime you apply that BP you are killing your skin, that is why you have to renew it with the Eurcerin "Renewal Moisturizer."  

Thanks for your help Dan even though I don't think it's very effective.

How do you know that moisturizing and washing is worse than pills? maybe you say its worse cuz you do the washing all wrong. Also, I dont even use BP, fuck BP in my opinion that shit dries up like a bitch. I use salycic acid and thats nothing but an acne fighter to me and no more. I dont get dry at all and my face is smooth and spotless right now. BP is actually not very good for your skin overall, it just helps with acne, but with your skin it actually can make it worse: overdies, makes your skin sensitive to sun, and can have a bleaching effect on eyebrows and hair. So watch out for that shit,

The 13th person had pretty severe acne to begin with. She also did not use as much bp as I recommend. While her acne did improve, it was not did not reach an "after" level. Perhaps with time and generous application of bp, she would have cleared more, but she decided instead to try a natural route with tea tree oil. I don't know how that ended up working.

Alright kids! You listen up and do it damn well! THE REGIMEN WORKS! It has cleared my acne completely since I started using it about six months ago. Do you want to know how I know it has worked? Well go ahead and ask me. I know that it has worked because at one time I posted here on a daily basis and read through countless posts because it was the only thing that made me feel even slightly better about my acne. Things have changed since then and I now visit this page maybe once a month and its just to see whats changed and maybe answer a question for someone. Ive tried the dermatologists creams and his pills and I think he is the devil reincarnate! It never made my acne improve at all. I found that BP worked somewhat, but it dried my skin out horribly. Thats when I tried Dan's suggested products and his method of combining BP with gentle cleansing and moisturizer and I am seriously thankful for that. Now I can go to clubs, to the gym, and out in public period without having to worry about my face.

Dan I thank you for providing this information because its changed my life for the better.

...and to you FreakyD. I dont know who the hell you think you are to just come on this board and post an essay on why people should hate the regimen. If it didnt work for you then thats fine but I think you were a little out of line with that. It just makes me sick to think of someone with acne comming across this site only to be chased away or give up hope after reading your bullshit proclamation that the regimen is useless. In the words of Buddha...you need to pipe down or take your ass elsewhere.

Thanks for the reply Dan. I've been doing this a couple of months & it's cleared me up somewhat but not completely so I was starting to get a bit frustrated... but I'll try what you suggested for patient 13 - time & more BP.

Timbo, you crack me up.

Vanessa, you're right on track. More BP! More BP! More BP! I say it 3 times, just like I say it 3 times on the site. This is the key. If you could hear me, I'd be yelling this. Stay gentle, give it some more time, and report back. Also, read through http://www.acne.org/faq.html#notworking and think about those issues.

I just took another "after" picture of a woman who started on the regimen 4 months ago or so. She almost lost hope at the two month point, and even went ot the dermatologist who prescribed her other meds. She said she had faith in the regimen and kept going. I just took her picture and she has no active acne, and her red spots are almost gone. It takes quite some time for some people to work. I'm not sure why.

-Dan

Guest fatman_uk

Freakyd, you got banned from the old boards for bein an annoyin asshole, don't let history repeat itself, LOL! :)

-Gaz

I just took another "after" picture of a woman who started on the regimen 4 months ago or so. She almost lost hope at the two month point, and even went ot the dermatologist who prescribed her other meds.

I think most people do lose hope at about that time or a little before that, it stopped for a while for me, then I RAISED THE AMOUNT OF BP I USE (Wow, imagine that...) and all of a sudden all I have now are some red spots to get rid of...which I am doin fine with Aloe Vera. :wink: It works fine, people just don't give it enough time, or don't do it right, like already stated.

Blame it on whatever you want, not washing right... That's my favorite one. I've seen Dan's little movies, besides that I know how to wash. I used the regimen back when I had a problem, I wasted too much money on skin drying crap. The regimen is just too damn expensive. You guys can all thank dan as much as you like, hell I thank Dan; he's a nice guy who's helped a lot of people. I just think that the regimen is too much work for the results that some don't get. Besides with a regimen should there be so many problems to where you have to have a forum answering milllions of questions?