Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I went to the dermatologist today. Sat in the waiting room for an hour, and finally was called to his office. He walked in; he smelled like he hadn't bathed in a year. Seriously, the guy smelled like #$@%. And that doesn't even begin to take his breath into account, but I digress. He told me my acne was caused by my long hair, that I had oily skin, and prescribed me 10% benzoyl peroxide. In fact, I have dry skin; I don't know what the hell he was thinking. My skin feels so dry I can hardly smile without it cracking. I don't keep my hair in my face; I slick it back. It can't be the cause of the acne on my shoulders, since I wear a shirt at all times except for 10 minutes a day while showering. All in all, a wasted trip. sad.gif

Guest Amy Lee

He didn't observe your skin condition carefully?

Maybe it's about time you see another one. Don't waste your time, money and risk your skin to some doc who doesn't really care.

I would go to another derm. wacko.gif I have been told that long hair can cause acne cuz the oil from ur hair gets on your skin, I have long hair and I’m not shaving it off to see if that is why I am getting acne, plus Im a girl. I am on Accutane now. Have you ever been on or used anything for acne?

Yeah, I'll definitely be getting an appointment with a new dermatologist within the near future. I live in a really backwards town up in the hills of Tennessee, and the medical facilities here are by far the worst I've ever seen in the whole country. I could tell you the story of when I was sick and the a doctor said I was fine and I just had a cold. I sought a second opinion, and it turned out I had pneumonia. Or the time I went to the dentist to get a cavity filled, and ended up getting three times the proper dosage of anaesthesia. I couldn't feel my head for a whole day. lol.gif

I've been on basically every single OTC acne medication anyone could think of, and all of them have been horribly ineffective. The first thing I tried was Linda Doby's Zero Zitz, which I later learned was just dressed-up rubbing alcohol. I've tried benzoyl peroxide, salicytic acid, and so many other things that I was sure they were gonna work this time for sure. lol.gif

Anyway, until I see a better derm I'm just going to put my acne way in the back of my mind and try not to think about it; that's really the best I can do. wacko.gif

biggrin.gif I am from the country too and I got out of there are soon as I could! I love the city life I have my pick of doctors and dentist, stores everything all in my back yard figuratively speaking. I hope that you can get a new derm even if you have to make a drive to get to the apt.

Good Luck

I just moved from the city to the country, so you guys aren't making me feel to confident about my new enviroment lol.gif

Not all dr's are created equally. Some are major idiots. It's good that you noticed this sooner rather than later. Get a new derm. And fast. Make an appt on Monday. Don't give up. It's your life!

Yeah get treatment asap or you'll regret later when you realise procrastination caused you more scars >.<