Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BinaryStar

Is moisturizing 100% necessary?

On the regimen, is moistuirizing 100% necessary? I heard that BP dries out your skin. Good news for me, because I get too much grease/oil on my face throughout the day. Do you think it's okay if I just use BP and no moisturizer?

i have oily skin myself.(from a scale of 1-10, i'll say im an 8)

and i notice the folowing:

(1) when i don'tput BP all over face, but justmoisturizer, my skin is extra greasy and i break-out a lil bad ( i only use BP at nite, not morning)

(2) but when i put BP all over face, and also moisturizer, i think it makes the BP less corrosive. As for as oil, i think theres not much diffference. it is oily no matter what, etc

i have oily skin myself.(from a scale of 1-10, i'll say im an 8)

and i notice the folowing:

(1) when i don'tput BP all over face, but justmoisturizer, my skin is extra greasy and i break-out a lil bad ( i only use BP at nite, not morning)

(2) but when i put BP all over face, and also moisturizer, i think it makes the BP less corrosive. As for as oil, i think theres not much diffference. it is oily no matter what, etc

yep, sometimes i wished my skin obeyed that theory.

I dunno but my skin seems to obey NONE of the universal laws. (gravity, etc etc)

it just seems to obey one common goal: "produce oil, break out, and ,make my life suk"

tongue.gif (lol, just kdin)

on top of it,

"stop breaking out for awhile, lift your hopes higher, let you crash down harder"

rinse and repeat.

you should use moisturizer if you use a decent amount of BP. the whole point of the BP is to fight the acne, but if there is no moisturizer to help keep your skin hydrated and fresh, then the irritation caused by the dryness will actually do more damage to your skin.

i tried not moisturizing every day and after 3 or 4 days id end up getting flaky skin after i washed my face, so if youre the same way, get on the moisturizer.

If you use a good quality moisturizer that is oil-free and wont clog your pores....it could actually be very beneficial for you. Not only will it help with flakies, and redness from the skin being dried.....but it will also help control the oil.

I don't know about you, but for me, if I happen to dry-out my skin with a product, I tend to produce just as much oil. By applying moisturizer after cleansing or toning....there are plenty of benefits. Especially if the moisturizer contains a key ingredient.

Some ingredients or meds. are just as effective in lotions then they are in cleansers.

For example, a BP lotion can potentially be just as effective as a BP cleanser.

Even if you have the oiliest skin in the world, I would still suggest you use at least a lil moisturizer. Especially around the eyes, delicate skin around nose and mouth.

If I just use BP and no moisturizer, I get a strong burning sensation on my face. Not cool. For me. moisturizing fixes that.