Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

OTC Acne Scar Treatment???!!! no way

It would be great if it worked, but who knows. It's one of those things where you have to try it to find out and of course it isn't cheap.....

It says that it provides "moderate peeling" so I assume that's how it goes about breaking down the scar tissue. It didn't say if collagen is increased by using it or anything like that. Maybe someone here will choose to try it and let us know if it works. It just seems to me that most of the OTC remedies aren't particularly effective.

The hippocrates site reminds me in a way of what I've been using for 3 1/2 months ---skinbiology's products. Hippocrates is using 14% aha (glycolic and lactic); 3 % salicylic acid: and 1% retinol. I've been using 2% salicylic acid ; copper peptide with retinol cream and 30% glycolic acid (the glycolic acid I got from makeupartists site at the recommendation of skinbiology for tough scars). The main difference I see here is that skinbiology is using copper peptide (and a lot of it) which if you read at skinbiology's site is shown by studies to be very good at causing collagen to form. Since I'm treating depressed and pitted scars that is an important difference to me.

Taken from the website: "Acne Treatment Serum", a multifunctional cure: Acne Treatment, a multifunctional cure for blemishes as well as acne scars:

Contains: 12% pure AHA's, It renews your skin and retexturizes, smoothes away scars

Contains: 3% BHA's (salicylic acid). It minimizes pores and controls break-outs, smoothes away acne scar

Contains: 2% Kojic acid, It eliminates freckles and acnespots and refine the skin by revealing a brighter, more even-toned complexion

Contains: Chamomile, Trea tree, Lavendar and Sage. It

purifies the skin, thigthens the pores, reactivates the natural defenses of the skin and reduces the inflammation

Contains: Alpha lipoic acid, Green tea extract, powerful

anti oxidants to prevent the oxidation of lipids in the skin

which results in aggravation of black heads and white heads

---

Hmmm - sounds pretty good actually, the kojic acid would definately help with discolouration. Also has good anti-oxidants.

Expensive? How much is a Canadian dollar?