Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rzwen

BP. And permanently damaging Skin / mutating DNA?

I was reading through this forum, and some other site, that excessive use of BP can create free "radicals" - whatever that is. Moreover, this will cause permanent skin damage or even worse, the mutation of DNA.

So, let's get this straight.

Can BP permanently damage or change one's skin?

absolutely.. BP can destory some peoples skin.. search through acne.org and you will find many examples of this..... its not for everyone....!

absolutely.. BP can destory some peoples skin.. search through acne.org and you will find many examples of this..... its not for everyone....!

BP can cause cancer (that's what my grandfather, who is a chemist, told me) but you would need a much larger amout, over a longer period of time in order for that to happen. If you're putting a layer on your face as an acne medication, nothing is going to happen. Especially since most people use 2.5% around here, while the rest of the world uses 10%.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#cancer

Also, bp is an anti-inflammatory, and does not cause free radicals. A lot of people get confused because it creates oxygen, but oxygen is (02), and a free radical is an oxygen molecule (O) without anything attached. This is a completely different structure. As far as safety goes, bp is one of the safest medications out there, and has been for some 70 years or so and has never been linked to an incidence of cancer or any other disease.

I've actually read the same things - about BP causing cancer - but only on websites that are selling skin care products (needless to say they dont sell BP).

Here's one from skintacix

http://www.skintactix.com/acne_tips.htm

I was reading through there website and noticed something called blackhead dissolver - has anyone else heard of this or is it just another "miracle" skin care product on the market? Better yet, has anyone ever used it?

I was reading through this forum, and some other site, that excessive use of BP can create free "radicals" - whatever that is. Moreover, this will cause permanent skin damage or even worse, the mutation of DNA.

So, let's get this straight.

Can BP permanently damage or change one's skin?