Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Icantthinkofaname

For anybody that's serious about fading red marks

Posted

Ok, I know you are getting sick of me saying that you have to wear sunscreen but this will be my final post about it. If you guys want to fade your red marks you must wear sunscreen daily. Even on cloudy days. Check out this site....

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newsletter36.asp

if you are lazy and don't want to I will post some of the info from it:

"Sun avoidance is crucial for many reasons, but when waiting out the fade-game, an oil-free, oil-reducing sunscreen – like DERMAdoctor Body Guard Exquisitely Light SPF 30 - goes a long way Ultraviolet light will darken the skin, preferentially darkening areas of abnormal discoloration. Sun protection prevents this process, allowing bleaching treatments to work without interruption."

Posted

yeah, I have now started to religiously use moisturizer with at least spf 15, because I too think it's crucial in not making your red marks even more prominent.

Posted

I live in Quebec, Canada. It's -30 C outside. Cloudy as fuck and I only go out of the house for my 15 mins walk to college. Do I still have to wear sunscreen?

Posted

If it was me I would play it safe and just wear the sunscreen. How cold it is doesn't matter. The sun's ultra violet rays are still getting to your skin.

Posted

I have tried a lot of sunscreens and I like Mychelle Sun Shield. I bought it at Whole Foods. It's a bit pricey, $18.00 for a 2oz. bottle but a little goes a long way and no irritation.

Posted

I just started using Cetaphil with spf 15 about a week ago after reading a couple of posts about it and it's proving to be quite effective. The uneven redness on my cheeks has gone away and my red marks seem to be healing faster now smile.gif I think i'll continue using this stuff even after all the red has cleared.

Posted

Midnighttoker,

what is cetaphil, how much is it, and where can i get it?

Posted
Midnighttoker,

what is cetaphil, how much is it, and where can i get it?

Posted

Okay thanks I'll try it out.