Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest niko

Milk and Acne

Guest niko

Well I continue to break out mildly but still very annoying. I eat a lot of cereal with milk (2% fat) Anyway, I decided to cut both cereal and milk out of my diet 1 week ago.

Result - No acne eusa_wall.gif

Same here too ...

When i had severe acne .. I was drinking milk like water ..

please stay away from milk .. and other dairy products eg cheese , eggs , etc

I used to think this, but I tend to disagree. I am still under the strict belief that acne is not aggravated by the foods you eat. I broke out mildly to moderately up until recently. I used accutane 5 years ago despite the breakouts. I began taking tetracycline early this year and just finished my second course. That worked for me! I don't break out anymore and I drink a lot of milk. Of course, you cannot take dairy products with the tetracycline. You have to wait to do it like 2 hours after you take the pill.

The 302 has also really helped with the hyperpigmentation from the breakouts.

Yup...milk, cream, yogurt, cheese....pretty well anything with dairy in it contributes to baaaaaaaaaaad acne....that includes my favorite milk chocolate, something i have a hard time steering away from. eusa_boohoo.gif

I don't think it really contributes to acne at all... I was allergic to milk up until about sixth grade, so I didn't eat it at all. Even now, I don't drink it, and I STILL get acne.

A few weeks back i started eating dairy and cereal and grains and my skin was soooooo oily, like viscous grease that I could wipe off with my hand disgusting....it's like it had come from nowhere because I was used to mildly oily skin. Well I cut that shit out and my skin has done a 180 in terms of oil. I only wash with water otherwise it gets too dry now!

The thing with grains and milk is that they're so addictive, like once you start you keep eatiing more and more of it and it's hard to wean off of. Also, saturated fats I decreased and stick with lean meats and lots of veggies agian. IT HELPS! If I had eaten this way in high school when i had moderate acne I think my acne would have been very mild and at times non existent.

i know alot of people who drink tons of milk and eat lots of cheese and have perfect skin, where is the evidence?? could it be that when you cut out milk you happened to also sleep better and be less stressed which helps your skin???

...it's good to do a test and if what you are eating alot of is making u break out then at least u have a choice as to whether or not u want to change your diet...i like Chloe found out wayyy tooo late...i happen to love dairy period and it wasn't until just a couple years ago that i found out by accident after drinking alot of milk and eating yogurt, developed huge cystic acne...i'm not sure about organic milk but since i switched to soy, and cut out alot of anything that was dairy, i am now under control.

From what i understand, some people have grown out of an allergy....on the flip side, it's possible to develop an allergy later in life.

From what i understand,  some people have grown out of an allergy....on the flip side, it's possible to develop an allergy later in life.

you know what, my skin is all of sudden clearing up real good....the problem is I HAVE NO IDEA WHY...

im doing some many things simulataneoulsy, i cant pinpoin it, (i take b5, i use this topical called "tend skin" all over my face, take vit C, been using a mild soap(zest)) these are all things i started doing recentely....But another thing i started doing just a few months ago was, I STOPPED EATING CEREAL, PERIOD... I have a gut feeling that this was the culprit all along!!!

I always used to eat around 3 or 4 bowls of cereal a day....ever since i stopped cold turkey, the acne has gone away...but i dont know if its the milk or my regimen..because i still eat ice cream which is a dairy product and im still fine...maybe im just growing out of it?

Well I continue to break out mildly but still very annoying.  I eat a lot of cereal with milk (2% fat)  Anyway, I decided to cut both cereal and milk out of my diet 1 week ago.

Result - No acne  eusa_wall.gif

is it an allergy or a result of the hormones???

i think diet has so many factors that how can you figure it out? unless you go extreme and NEVER eat out and never touch cheese/eggs/milk/whey protein /etc......

then there is wheat gluten.....so cut out all breads / ceral

basically left with rice fruit and veggies

not a whole lot of variety

is there a test to figure out which food is the problem or IS it just trail and error???

what if i happen to be off dairy and wheat for 2 weeks but i am really stressed and break out, or i don't sleep well, or maybe i switch topicals, or i excercise more or less....

Well, for me, excercise has nothing to do with it...i have been athletic all my life....perhaps my system not accepting dairy very well has something to do with hormonal imbalance...i may look into seeing a naturopath about this.

Guest niko

It's Day 10 and i'm still acne free, maybe one small pimple this entire week, pretty cool.

Yes but milk is so good for you... how are you suppost to replace all the stuff it gives your body?

I wouldn't sacrifice that for bloody acne! eusa_think.gif

niko,

have you cut out all dairy or just milk ???

have you been very careful not to eat any cheese or sauces that contain milk?

also, are you totally wheat free or just not eating ceral??

It may be the iodine in the milk,which i think does not help my acne.

I have the odd spot when i drink fatty milk,also coke gives me the odd spot.

I like to eat crisp sarnies and then drink coke whick is very nice combo,so i had this the other day,which i haven't had for years,then the next day i had about 3 spots.

Keep of products which has iodine in them,such as,dairy products,fish,chocolate and eggs etc.