Notifications
Clear all

Breast Pain on Accutane

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 03/10/2005 12:51 am

Hi ladies,

So, during about month 3 of the tane, I noticed that I was having some breast pain, not to be confused with chest pain. At first I thought it might be the muscles under the breast tissue. I still think it could be this. I just wanted to post because I know some of your are experiencing this and I don't want you guys to feel alone. At first, for me, it occured on one side of my chest. Now, the pain has migrated to the top part. It's strange. I'll be lying in bed when the pain occurs. If you guys have experienced this, please post. I'm going to have my dr. check it out, and i'm even going to suggest an ultrasound. It's buggin me especially since I had an ultrasound 3 years ago for the same breast because I was feeling some pain and I thought it might be a cyst of some kind.

Secondly, some of you guys have asked me for a pic. I will post eventually. But, lately my friends have compared me to this actress (photo to the right). I don't know where she's from. Do you recognize her?

Anyway, I will soon take the picture down. Cuz, it's silly isn't it? lol.

MemberMember
(@just_imagine82)

Posted : 03/10/2005 12:59 am

Hey GO... yeah I've experienced some breast tenderness too. I never considered the whole pectoral pain thing as being a reason for it, but makes sense seeing as it's technically muscles and joints that hurt on Accutane. Good call! Lately I've been feeling okay, but month 3 I definitely noticed soreness!

That pic is small, but on my computer my best guess is that it's the chick who plays Summer on The O.C. ? If that's true, damn you are lucky girl!!

Mae

MemberMember
(@natalia321)

Posted : 03/10/2005 1:06 am

Yeah that's Rachel Bilson, Summer from the OC, I love her, you must be really pretty! And shes on the cover of Teen Vogue this month...if anyone cares!

I had this same problem almost immediately after I started taking Accutane. I know what you're talking about. I feel like mine has subsided though, or maybe in my mind I made it up to be something bigger than it was. But I'm sure you'll be just fine, and I hope this is a somewhat common occurence! Take care!

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 03/10/2005 1:31 am

Hey, thanks you guys. I really appreciate the posts. The pain comes and goes and it's not strong enough to take tylenol or anything but it does annoy. Another thing that came to mind was lymph nodes. Maybe the lymph notes are swollen for whatever reason.

Anyway, thanks.

I have watched that show the OC. It does look like her. The reason I posted this pic is because one of my friends sent it to me because she thought I was looking like this actress.

MemberMember
(@cen7)

Posted : 03/10/2005 1:57 am

is it just me or is polar really really cute and look like she should be on the OC herself!!!!!! wub.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/10/2005 2:08 am

I know nothing of this topic (for girls) but i did have a pain today in my chest under my left "Pec" (i dont wanna call it breast alright lol). But i think mine is nothing to do with this topic lol.

I think every person on this thread is hot wub.gif cept for cen7 coz i'm not gay.

MemberMember
(@cassadie)

Posted : 03/10/2005 7:05 am

I am so sore too! neutral.gif Maybe they are growing cuz that is what it feels like! smile.gif I sware my body thinks it is going thru puberty, the way my face looks, my breast hurt. There was a thread about someone talking about the tane making their breast bigger, so that really may be the pain! (I hope) Gotta luv the side effects!

BTW-Craic ur the cutest one on the thread! wub.gif

MemberMember
(@cen7)

Posted : 03/10/2005 9:20 am

I have to agree, he is a stud indeed wub.gif and i'm not gay either!!!!!! =) Wish I was now though! eusa_pray.gif

MemberMember
(@arpazia)

Posted : 03/10/2005 11:39 am

Okay, guys and girls, back up a little and letAaas leave this thread to people who might be able to help GO.

Personally, I havenAaat experienced anything like this but IAaall see if I can find some connections today online.

BTW: Acne-prone people ARE the sexiest people in the world.

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 03/10/2005 12:53 pm

You guys are hilarious.

Thanks Arp. I would appreciate any info you could come up with.

Craigems: You have a fan club man!

MemberMember
(@turnergirl)

Posted : 03/10/2005 12:57 pm

You guys are hilarious.

Thanks Arp. I would appreciate any info you could come up with.

Craigems: You have a fan club man!

MemberMember
(@arpazia)

Posted : 03/10/2005 1:54 pm

I just did some brief research and came up empty looking for a relation between Accutane and breast pain and/or breast soreness. What I did see but couldnAaat enter because it was filtered by Websense (thank you, powers that be at my job) was a quote saying there might be a relation between Accutane and lumps in the breasts. I wasnAaat able to get onto that page because it had content dealing with sex - - oh, my virgin eyes!!!

If anyone else is out there researching, use your best judgment when on an attorneyAaas webpage. Keep in mind all the money that is involved in prescription drug litigation.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/10/2005 5:12 pm

Okay i love all my fans... each and everyone of you!!!

Seriously i'm flattered lol your all worth loving even cen7 in a non-bisexual manner. And Arp is hot! but she's taken lol. And Turner, even she has her own fan-club lol. And GO my first love wub.gif and cass my new love wub.gif lol i love u all ... PEACE OUT!

And on the breast issue, I dunno i'm just speculating, BUT maybe if you have bigger breasts, it could be to do with that.. maybe more strain on the pectorial muscles, therefore creating pain. Try taking fish oil supplements? maybe that might work. I love breasts. I MEAN I LOVE YOU ALL!

MemberMember
(@frankiebgirl)

Posted : 03/10/2005 5:22 pm

This is an interesting topic.... I have a sort of strange question. Ok, Im not on accutane yet- But am probably going on it.

I have breast implants- and I was wondering if you think Accutane could cause any weird shit to happen??? I mean breast pain is one thing but I dont want it to cause anything strange to happen...breast implant surgery is not fun and I dont want to do it again anytime soon. Haha Any help would be great!

MemberMember
(@andrei)

Posted : 03/10/2005 7:39 pm

omfg me too. What a coincidence, some muscular pain in pec area. I ALWAYS want to think it's only part of puberty stage though. Perhaps it's due to my taking Primal defense.

I'm probably one of the most paranoid people when it comes to health symptoms

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 03/10/2005 9:47 pm

Andrei, i'm also pretty paranoid but that's ok. I'd rather be aware of my body.

Anyway, I don't know what to say regarding the implants. I think you should ask your doctor. I can't really foresee any problems but I don't know. The body reacts differently for different people.

MemberMember
(@cassadie)

Posted : 03/10/2005 9:55 pm

I do not have implants right now, but I was suppose to get them this month but my derm told me not have them done till after the tane is out of my system and stuff, but I think that is due to the scaring. So my cousins have to wait till the face is clear‚¦ doubt.gif

I do not think that it would have any effect if you already have them but I would ask your derm and your doctor. Lemme know on that one what they say.

MemberMember
(@t)

Posted : 03/10/2005 10:47 pm

I know that most women starting accutane are also put on a BCP. I was and I have had some pains in my breasts. I am going to assume that is a side effect of the BCP, b/c it is listed in the side effects for them. Not in the Accutane.

If you were already on BCP for a while b4 accutane and haven't noticed until now, is it possible that you are just more aware now that you are on the tane? You are paying more attention to any changes or sensations you might experience during your course.

But then again. All drugs could affect different people differently.

On another note. I had an ultra sound done on my breast a few years back b/c of a lump in it. It turned out to be a cyst. That could be acting up too now cause of the tane. If accutane can cause the formation of cysts on your face, chest, and back, why not your breast as well? Cysts in the breasts are a pretty common thing from what I hear. Alot of women have them.

Sorry for the long post, any thoughts on this?

MemberMember
(@frankiebgirl)

Posted : 03/10/2005 10:52 pm

Cassadie- Thats something I never even thought of until I saw the post regarding breast pain... I didnt even think Accutane would affect such an area. I got ahold of a derm from my derms office, and she told me that the implants will be fine. It isnt like an antibiotic or pain reliever that goes all throughout the body and does what it needs no matter where the infection/pain. Accutane is very specific and wouldnt make them rupture or cause any problems. So- Phew..Thats a relief. She asked if I was on Accutane, and I was like "Well No but im considering it" and she was like "What a way to be thorough" Haha- Embarassing.

Thats awesome, though- Get them! You will LOVE them!! Its sort of like accutane- You gotta go through some pain and ugliness but it gets SO much better. How long did she tell you to wait after Accutane to get them done?? I know they say wait 6 months at least for cosmetic procedures, but is that only on the face or does the body count too? Thats something to ponder.

Oh well, Good Luck with everything!!

MemberMember
(@gosaints04)

Posted : 03/10/2005 11:58 pm

I have had some strange tightness around my left breast, especially when laying on my left side. I didn't think if the Accutane. I felt a few weeks ago and thought I was still suffering from bruised ribs (I know they weren't broken).

P.S. By the way, I think Cen 7 is adorable. Funny how the guys saw the word "breast" in the topic and just couldn't help themselves. razz.gif

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/11/2005 2:53 am

i could say tits, or big melons, but i've been holding back! lol and being more formal.

AHh wow i never really knew girls thought about having implants soo much. wow you learn something every day!

MemberMember
(@lovegreensmoothies)

Posted : 03/11/2005 3:23 am

I am so sore too! neutral.gif‚   Maybe they are growing cuz that is what it feels like!‚  smile.gif‚  I sware my body thinks it is going thru puberty, the way my face looks, my breast hurt.‚  There was a thread about someone talking about the tane making their breast bigger, so that really may be the pain!‚  (I hope)‚  Gotta luv the side effects!

BTW-Craic ur the cutest one on the thread! wub.gif

MemberMember
(@cassadie)

Posted : 03/11/2005 7:13 am

I am also on Accutane and not BCP, so BCP cannot be causing my breast pain, I will stick to the prayer that they are growing.... eusa_angel.gifbiggrin.gif

Frankie, yeah she told me to wait like 6m so I will wait, cuz I dont wanna go thru all that and $$ to have scars and stuff cuz I jumped the gun and got it done too soon. Best of Luck!

MemberMember
(@frankiebgirl)

Posted : 03/11/2005 11:49 am

Cassadie- Just another bit of info for you- 6 months seems fair, and to help avoid scarring..try to avoid going tanning (If you go in a booth and go topless) because the pigment in your skin will cause more scarring. If you go in with paler skin, the scar wont be noticeable. I did this and have no scar whatsoever. I tanned afterwards, though and was fine.

Also- I dont think youd want to be dealing with Accutane side effects AND after-surgery care at the same time. So, Good Luck with everything!!!

MemberMember
(@guardedlyoptimistic)

Posted : 03/11/2005 12:45 pm

Thanks a lot patience. You know, I was just thinking this yesterday. It could be. It could be. Thanks again.

I know that most women starting accutane are also put on a BCP. I was and I have had some pains in my breasts. I am going to assume that is a side effect of the BCP, b/c it is listed in the side effects for them. Not in the Accutane.

If you were already on BCP for a while b4 accutane and haven't noticed until now, is it possible that you are just more aware now that you are on the tane? You are paying more attention to any changes or sensations you might experience during your course.

But then again. All drugs could affect different people differently.

On another note. I had an ultra sound done on my breast a few years back b/c of a lump in it. It turned out to be a cyst. That could be acting up too now cause of the tane. If accutane can cause the formation of cysts on your face, chest, and back, why not your breast as well? Cysts in the breasts are a pretty common thing from what I hear. Alot of women have them.

Sorry for the long post, any thoughts on this?