Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carl

How do you stop moisturizer leaving residue?

Got a problem, especialy with my chin... sad.gif

after i moisturize i get residue on my chin, what can i do about this?

Anyone else get this problem, its like dry skin as well.

Thanks, Carl.

When you are washing your face, use your hands to slough away the dead skin. Since you’re on Accutane, there is little that you can do as far exfoliation goes. I’ve also learned that moisturizing with Cetaphil (w/ sunblock) during the day helps with the “residue� effect. Since everyone here has different preferences regarding cleansers and moisturizers, take your pick as long as it is gentle on your skin.

(I think one of the most amazing things I’ve learned here is that being gentle with your skin actually helps to get rid of acne better than being rough with it.)

id suggest applying it well.. like let it "set" nicely.. wait a minute or so or dry your face pretty well before applying it cuz I always shine if I don't wait a little.

It it better to wash with hot water, i think its the face wash, im not sure.

Its white, and its just dry, really having a hard time trying to find out what it is.

Please help, carl.

Carl,

I have had the best success with the following regimen. Wash your face with Cetaphil cleanser with cool water, not real warm and definitely not hot. Gently pat dry and then let your face air dry for five minutes. Then use Cetaphil moisturizer. Try only washing your face in the morning before you leave for school, work, etc. as to help prevent overdrying. Best of luck!

Jeff