Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shineygal

should an acne cure be denied?

as i've said in one of my previous posts, it's a real pickle getting accutane. for me it's almost impossible. i have 1-2 cysts each month and oily skin. i did hit the jackpot and got accutane (thanks to an incompetent dr who accidently prescribed it to me last year). my skin was clear, the oil was gone, but it was only temporary. my skin quickly regressed. im pretty confident that a 2nd course of accutane would solve my problem.

i'm an adult, why the heck cant i make my own decisions about what pills i take? i'm aware of the risks. i'm responsible. accutane isnt the most dangerous drug in the world, it's probably healthier than 30 years of birth control pills, antibiotics, and other acne suppressing treatments. i'm more likely to die of a heart attack or stroke caused by my birth control pills or a heart attack caused by eating crap at mcdonalds.

is this fair?? i feel sooo sorry for people who have worse acne than me and they aren't allowed to get accutane. that isnt right.

why? is it because derms make more money treating an acne patient for 30 yrs, than 5 months on accutane?

~Amy

What was your dosage while on Accutane the first round? MAybe you regressed because you didnt get the right amount of mgs per kg of weight??

How did he accidentally prescribe you something like Accutane, by the way? Thats pretty tricky. Haha

How long did your clear skin last after you stopped taking it?

What was your dosage while on Accutane the first round?  MAybe you regressed because you didnt get the right amount of mgs per kg of weight??

How did he accidentally prescribe you something like Accutane, by the way? Thats pretty tricky. Haha

How long did your clear skin last after you stopped taking it?

Guest Craigems

Like you said its a money making opertunity. Go to a derm that cares about you, and ask for tane, the derm that does that will be a champion, specially if your acne has come back!