Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I had acne since fourth grade. I have been on pills (including accutane) and cremes. All had short-term affects, though accutane had a longer affect. In any case, we know how to deal with bad things that come our way. I know some people who have never had acne before, and they freak if anything is on their face or if anything is wrong. I, though, say, I have been through worse, and list the things that I have gone through with acne. We are stronger because of this. We start to respect the true meaning of life (whatever that is). Eventhough we obsess about our skin (I for one do), we are still strong...what I am saying is...we are stronger because of this. If you agree with me or not, it does not matter.

Guest Shjaker

I think what the nice lad means is after we're done suffering from acne we're a stronger person... talking from personal experience, usually you're the weakest piece of shlum in society when you have terrible acne. confused.gif

i agree with you to some extent. of course we're stronger if we have had acne and is battling/battled it by still keeping up a social life. if you have acne and you now stay inside all day; you arent any bit stronger.

Guest Zitro

You are stronger if you don't let acne control you ... if you do and stay in MSN and acne.org all day ... you are not stronger, you may be even weaker.

I for one stay in the middle line ... not stronger, not weaker

You are stronger if you don't let acne control you ... if you do and stay in MSN and acne.org all day ... you are not stronger, you may be even weaker.

I for one stay in the middle line ... not stronger, not weaker

Guest Zitro
You have a nice picture.  good looking and sweet.

Let's see. I don't know what the true meaning of life is but I certainly don't think it is death.

Anyhow referring to the original post, I think suffering from acne can make us stronger but can make the weak weaker. A classmate in high school killed himself because he had severe acne.

I think it has made me a stronger person. Although there are times when I feel like slapping sense into people who get hysterical over one occasional zit like my sister. biggrin.gif

Why do you think someone that commits suicide is necessarily weak? Maybe they're being rational and have made a proper cost/benefit analysis on their own life and concluded that it is best to end it prematurely. Why must a suicidal person be either weak or irrational?

Let's see.  I don't know what the true meaning of life is but I certainly don't think it is death. 

Anyhow referring to the original post, I think suffering from acne can make us stronger but can make the weak weaker.  A classmate in high school killed himself because he had severe acne. 

I think it has made me a stronger person.  Although there are times when I feel like slapping sense into people who get hysterical over one occasional zit like my sister.  biggrin.gif

Im willing to bet anyone in the world has the power to be strong. Acne or no acne, anything we do we encounter problems emotionally and psychologically and just by living we encounter those two mechanisms of life. In order to get past those barriers ofcourse we have to be strong since we are all humans and experience the same feelings as one another we all feel the same way and we are all strong in similiar ways acne or no acne. No one is stronger than anyone. Mind over matter is what I always say.

-Jake

Im willing to bet anyone in the world has the power to be strong. Acne or no acne, anything we do we encounter problems emotionally and psychologically and just by living we encounter those two mechanisms of life. In order to get past those barriers ofcourse we have to be strong since we are all humans and experience the same feelings as one another we all feel the same way and we are all strong in similiar ways acne or no acne.  No one is stronger than anyone. Mind over matter is what I always say.

-Jake