Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
twocanyan

Went to the Derm today

So i Went to my follow up Derm appointment today. I was really considering Accutane and that was pretty much my main objective going in there today. THe last appoitment was in January and he gave me differin/doxy which i tried twice before from another derm .. might as well give it a shot right.. so i have been on the doxy for 3 months.. useless .. same old crap. so i bumped my appointment up two weeks to today and was hoping to just get accutane and start it..

he was like giving me the run around that it might take awhile and started to name other drugs which i said i have tried and i am completely frustrated. so i was like .. i want to talk about accutane.. he brushed it off and was like well .. i want to try one more step before we start to talk about accutane.. acutally the minute i said accutane he made me sit on the bench and check my back and chest and saw nothing and stopped saying anything more about accutane

then i asked if i had cystic acne and he was like no and it was moderate acne.. so i was like dude.. i look like crap and this sucks.. he was like i know i know.. but lets try one more step before we consider the tane.. i was like fine..

so he gives me bactrim and some bp gel and to use differin but in a different way..

i was like fine and on my way out.. instead of waiting for 3 months for the next appointment. i made one for May and be like .. dude this shit don;t work either.. and finally get on tane.. but the scary thing for me is that i have like 2 weddings i am in in June and if i get a initial breakout come June.. i am going to just kill myself

thats my rant and i hate you p.acnes bacteria.. i damn you all to hell

So i Went to my follow up Derm appointment today. I was really considering Accutane and that was pretty much my main objective going in there today. THe last appoitment was in January and he gave me differin/doxy which i tried twice before from another derm .. might as well give it a shot right.. so i have been on the doxy for 3 months.. useless .. same old crap. so i bumped my appointment up two weeks to today and was hoping to just get accutane and start it..

he was like giving me the run around that it might take awhile and started to name other drugs which i said i have tried and i am completely frustrated. so i was like .. i want to talk about accutane.. he brushed it off and was like well .. i want to try one more step before we start to talk about accutane.. acutally the minute i said accutane he made me sit on the bench and check my back and chest and saw nothing and stopped saying anything more about accutane

then i asked if i had cystic acne and he was like no and it was moderate acne.. so i was like dude.. i look like crap and this sucks.. he was like i know i know.. but lets try one more step before we consider the tane.. i was like fine..

so he gives me bactrim and some bp gel and to use differin but in a different way..

i was like fine and on my way out.. instead of waiting for 3 months for the next appointment. i made one for May and be like .. dude this shit don;t work either.. and finally get on tane.. but the scary thing for me is that i have like 2 weddings i am in in June and if i get a initial breakout come June.. i am going to just kill myself

thats my rant and i hate you p.acnes bacteria.. i damn you all to hell

so youre not even goign to try the stuff the derm gave you and youre just going to lie and say it didnt work so you can be on accutane?  you really should do what your derm says,  hes the expert not you.

Bactrim might work since you haven’t used it in the past. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you on this one. In three months time, I hope your skin looks great and you feel wonderful about the results.

At the same time, I understand your frustration in this situation. If, after three months, you don’t see any improvement and your doctor is still unwilling, you might want to consider getting another dermatologist. The fact that he checked your back and chest and stopped talking about Accutane leads me to believe he might be somewhat ignorant. A lot of us ‘taners don’t have body acne so is your doctor only reserving it for people who do?

Weddings always come at the most inopportune time for acne-prone people like ourselves. I’ve suffered through a few. As you said, if you start Accutane in May, you might have the breakout of your life in June because the timing is perfect for the initial breakout. This is another reason why I hope that Bactrim is the solution.

Please keep us posted on how you’re doing and keep your spirits up.

P.S. I’m twenty-seven. Maybe by the time we’re thirty, we’ll have grown out of our acne…

Bactrim might work since you haven’t used it in the past.  I am keeping my fingers crossed for you on this one.  In three months time, I hope your skin looks great and you feel wonderful about the results.

At the same time, I understand your frustration in this situation.  If, after three months, you don’t see any improvement and your doctor is still unwilling, you might want to consider getting another dermatologist.  The fact that he checked your back and chest and stopped talking about Accutane leads me to believe he might be somewhat ignorant.  A lot of us ‘taners don’t have body acne so is your doctor only reserving it for people who do?

Weddings always come at the most inopportune time for acne-prone people like ourselves.  I’ve suffered through a few.  As you said, if you start Accutane in May, you might have the breakout of your life in June because the timing is perfect for the initial breakout.  This is another reason why I hope that Bactrim is the solution.

Please keep us posted on how you’re doing and keep your spirits up.

P.S.  I’m twenty-seven.  Maybe by the time we’re thirty, we’ll have grown out of our acne…