Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I used this product last year becuase it was the only lotion I could find with-out oil in it. .(thailand) It was called, Nivea Baby Soft..with Pantothenic acid.

It wasn't a good mousterizer but I became EXTREMLY CLEAR when I used it along with dan's bp gel..After I ran out and switched mousterizers I went back to 90-95% barable clear skin..and then back to bad skin with decent moustierzers like Eucerin...

at the time I didn't really pay attention about what mousterizers I used, considering now that it had "Pantothenic acid" made me wonder..and I don;t even think it was made for the face...but oh well didn't break me out.

I was wondering if anyone had experinece with "Pantothenic acid lotion" (vitamin b5 lotion)

I will try it again and post an update

Interesting. I'll be interested to hear if it works for you. (I'm currently taking b5 internally 6g).

In the study that that chinese guy did who supposedly figured out that b5 cures acne, his patients were taking 10g of b5 orally but they also applied a b5 cream. The cream supposedly works as well as the oral stuff.

One week UPDATE

Becoming EXTREMLY clear and excellent complextion just like last year, although im not getting my hopes up, but I believe this stuff really works well along with dan's regimen..

I always used the highest tolerable amount of BP gel and always about 90% clear but now im 100% and excellent overall complextion, i think stuff is great.

yet again the product im using is,

Nivea Baby Soft, ( /w Pantothenic acid "Pro vit. b5) (oil-free)

I also use Aloe vera sometimes for redness, and Eucerin Dry skin lotion around the eyes because the Nivea Baby soft burns my eye area

although the Nivea baby soft is not best mousterizer out there, and I don't even think it's made for the face, but it works miracles for acne with the b5 in it.

ill update in another week or so

WooHOo

Actually I made a mistake, the Active ingredient is:

Panthenol (Pro-vitamin b5)

I think this is why it slighty burns around my eyes because it's Panthenol I guess being like Menthol..but less harsh and doesn't cause acne.

and it's a creme not a lotion

Hi, Jonny, what Nivea Baby Cream are you using - there are two, both of them containing panthenol: Nivea Baby Softcreme (hydrating cream), with panthenol, and Nivea Baby Intensiv-Creme (nutritive cream), with panthenol and zinc oxide?

Thank you!

I would like to know which product as well. Sounds logical and promising. We are always so afraid to try something not made for the face. But it is oil free. Would be well worth a try.

Thanks

Meant to also add. If these products are meant for babies then it seems they would be less likely to contain a lot of irritants especially since babies are so small and their skin absorbs more as a result of their size.

Where do you buy this stuff? I can't find it anywhere! Not in the baby sections, at least....can you find it online?

Hey sorry for the late update.~

The product is, Nivea Baby Softcreme with panthenol,

Mine doesn't say (hydrating cream), though. but oh well

This is about my 4th week using it and I got to say amazing reasults with the regimen. BP gel alone only gets me about 90% clear but with this b5 creme really tops it off.

Here I found it, although mine has a slighty differen't picture on the front, I think it is the same thing...

http://products2.nivea.com/products.php?page_id=1230&lan=com

_____

Developed with paediatricians and dermatologists

Skin tolerance clinically/dermatologically proven

Oil-in water emulsion

Contains especially skin-friendly ingredients

PH-neutral to the skin

Alcohol- and colour free

__

Does "Oil-in water emulsion" mean it contains oil..? "

Sounds like I better stock up on this stuff before I move back to the states...

I found this website nivea products I ordered the face & body lotion and the panthenol ointment creme. I figure if it doesnt work for my face I'll have some gentle lotions for my ecxzema on the rest of my body. I'm not sure what they usually cost but the prices are pretty common for nivea products.

Hope this website helps. biggrin.gif