Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basicly I have used Erythromycin, Tetracycline, followed by all the stuff in the stores, benzoyl etc etc. The only thing that worked the best for me was Accutane for about 6 months or so from what I can remember. That was 2 years ago and than I had an acne flare up. So they put me on Clindamycin, I used it almost for 6 months when I started to red a red rash with itching and alot of redness followed by what the dermos said is "Atopic Dermatitis," so I stopped and am using 2.5 hydrocortisone cream and the redness and itching and dry skin is gone...6 days I used it. Than I took two days off and my friend said I should try the Clin in lotion form.....sure enough redness, itching, dry skin all came back again! as well as so much oil on my face its not even funny. Rash all over again. So I'm back on the hydrocortisone, my doctor said to use it for another 6 days...which is stupid because the min I go off it the acne just comes back. I had cystic acne before when taking the accutane and now I pretty much have no clue as to what to do. The asses known as dermos gave me the brush off...so hopefully my doctor can come up with something. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

-Adam

I haven’t had a similar problem but since you are using a cortisone lotion, I just want you to check out this link. The member I was communicating with might be able to help you since he suffered skin problems, including redness, as a result of a topical that a dermatologist prescribed.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=0entry503011

Personally, I would say that use of lotions long-term aren’t doing anything positive for you. Have you considered an oral antibiotic?