Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GuardedlyOptimistic

One Week Until I'm done Accutane

Hi Taners,

This thread is also in response to Mae's post who kindly asked how we're all doing.

Well, i'm almost done. One more week to go. Hard to believe it's gone by so fast. Anyway, my face is 99.8 percent clear. I got that extra month so I've done 5 months in total. I have a lot of red marks and some days the scarring looks more shallow than other days. I hope the scarring continues to improve. My hands aren't looking so hot. They've been really dry and I have some patches of eczema which I put some cortizone cream on. Gross. That stuff smells so gross. GROSS. Anyway, I'm almost done. Is there anything else to say? I had a pretty good course I must say. I'm not trying to tell anyone to do it, i'm still of the mindset that everyone has to make his or her own decisions. So, with that said, I will continue to support your decisions smile.gif

I'm trying really hard to think of something witty to say. Craigems? Do you have any Aussi suggestions?

GO-

I just wanted to say Congrats and Good, No No- GREAT luck going off the 'tane!!

I bet you are happy its over with huh? I would take 99.8% clear. Haha- Thats quite an excellant number, if I do say so myself.

Cortizone does smell. Hopefully you wont need it soon. Try Elidel...Its odorless I believe...and itll work better, too.

So, all in all- Do you think it was worth it? Would you do it again? Am I bombing you with questions? Ill stop- but let me put it to ya like this- YOURE DONE! YAYYYY!

At this point, I have no regrets. Of course, only time will tell. Knowing what I know now? Yes, I would do it again. But, I still have a ways to see how it really goes longterm. Thanks for your support smile.gif

GO: I’ve been wondering where you’ve been. I haven’t seen one of your posts in a while so, as you confirmed, I assumed you were getting the results you wanted. I agree with FrankieB that 99.8% is a beautiful thing and I’m certain Craig will chime in with an Aussie remark any moment now.

Did your doctor discuss any post-treatment with you as far as the red marks and scars are concerned?

You know, girl, that you have to continue with the one-month updates still. I want to hear how great your skin looks a month from now and then a month from then and so on. You’ve been so incredibly supportive of everyone here and I love reading your posts so please, even after you’re done with the journey, keep us in mind!

P.S. It seems like that extra month was exactly what you needed.

eusa_dance.gif I am so happy for you! eusa_clap.gif I cannot wait until I am to that point too!! Keep in touch I luv to read your posts. Best of luck! biggrin.gif

Hey GO - congrats to you. I was pretty paniced when my daughter got off accutane cause I thought she was going to have a face full of indented scars but I think they are plumping out now and everything will be OK. Good luck to you and please continue to update.

Go, how long did it take for you to start clearing up significantly? And did accutane make u worse at the beginning?

Guest Craigems

GO!!!!!, you aint leavin us! for god sakes dont smile.gif See i told you i intimidated your derm with chopping off his ballz. haha sucker and look at the result, ... yep he gave you that extra month dam right. It gets to the point where we start knowing about our condition more than our derms lol, dam and this is a non-profit organisation!

Go get some tan GO smile.gif i know your derm said dont, but dont forget we know more than derms now rolleyes.gif so defy them! i have on numerous occasions, and my derm is like your looking healthy, i'm like dam straight!

So wat skin cancer, there is pretty much a cure for it now anyways so meh lol.

"GO" out and enjoy your skin gorgeous, scarring will be gone, and you'll be pickin up fellaz left, right and ... if you want centre. On a side did you get my flowers? dam indians.

wub.gif rockout babe. Give us a photo when and if you can wink.gif

You guys are the sweetest. I love you all. Thanks Frankie, Arp, Mae, Cassadie, Boston, Mayo and Craigems. You guys have been my anchors. My rocks. How could anyone be depressed knowing that at any time he or she could come on here and post and have support from the most wonderful of people. I won't leave you guys. I promise. I will continue to post. I'll never forget you either.

I will get that sun soon enough. The Derm said the red marks will fade. Truthfully, they don't bug me that much. They're covered with make up. Also, my derm said that a plastic surgeon won't come near me until the one year post accutane mark. So, soon enough, that countdown will begin. THough, i'm not looking forward to getting peels and resurfacing. It sounds and looks a little, well, scary. When I do the stretch test though, I see the scars improve a lot. So, i'm looking forward to seeing the skin's progress post tane. smile.gif

With regards to the questions, I started to improve right away though I had some breakouts *not that bad* along the way.

I'll forever be grateful for all of the support i've received here. You guys are and always will be, my angels.

Guest Craigems

LOL first time i've been called an angel in a while haha. biggrin.gifwub.gif yah GO!