Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

has anyone tried that new cover girl outlast foundation with a primer? i read that its non comodegenic (sp?), and the primer seems like a good idea. im just wondering if it actually lasts all day without oil slicks.

has anyone tried that new cover girl outlast foundation with a primer? i read that its non comodegenic (sp?), and the primer seems like a good idea. im just wondering if it actually lasts all day without oil slicks.

I haven't tried Outlast myself, but I use Smashbox and its Photo Finish primer.

Primers are usually silicone based. They fill in the microscopic ridges and valleys in the skin. This allows the makeup to look much smoother on the skin and it also gives both makeup and concealers a base to adhere to.

I find that if you are covering scab or scar tissue, applying several thin coats of the primer (letting it dry between coats) before using concealer gives a better coverage than if I just applied the concealer over the rough tissue. It looks smoother and it lasts longer throughout the day.

Colorstay has silicome built into its products.

By the way, if you have oily skin, the primer won't help to alleviate that. The makeup will last a bit longer, but the oils will still surface...speaking from experience wink.gif