Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greendey55

DOXYCYCLINE USERS OR PEOPLE WHO HAVE USED ?

HELLO .... I have had mild to moderate acne for about 2 years but recently I have gotten real bad cysts .... I had a patch right under my eye that has left me with horrible scars .... I have now been put on Doxycycline for my derm .... ( Still scared to death to go on Tane ) Ive been on for about a month and a half and have seen SOME results ... not what I want though, I want my occasional HORRIBLE CYSTS to go away for good ..... SO what have been your guys results or comments about Doxycycline ?

It worked pretty well for me during my first course with it, along with other stuff it got me pretty clear . I recently went back on it and it did shit though, so you do get resistant to it.

I've had somewhat clearing with antibiotics, but you will always get the breakout. The antibiotics make the acne less inflamed and reduces their lifespan. I would get almost the same amount of acne, but the active acne would only last a couple days. There are still tons of red marks, and you still break out. Whatever regimen you are going to be on, stay committed and don't forget doses. The antibiotics will help you, but won't come anywhere close to clearing your acne. Good luck..