Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
secondregent

A bloated stomach.

I remember ever since I've been like 14 I've had a bloated stomach. I tend to pull it in, and always have. Recently, after reading a detox book I decided to stop, as the body has to concentrate on muscels for the stomach instead of concentrating on the skin for example.

Now, I'm quite a skinny guy 5 foot 11 and I weight 10 and a 1/2 stone. But when I relax my stomach it really looks like i'm pregnant, and my stomach feels like it's going to burst.

Now I realise that bloating is oftern due to water retention, and water retention has something to do with the clogging of sebum canals that cause acne. So I was wondering if any of you have had any experiences with this, and hopefully solutions.

My diet is fruit, vegtables, extra virgin oil, salad and fresh fish. I drink 3 litres of mineral water a day, and about 2 pints of beer a week. I'm off junk food altogther. I've tried taking Epsom salts to induce diarrhea without success. I also suffer from flatulence, more recently it's been worse.

eusa_whistle.gif

have you ever seen a doctor about this? maybe they can do something for you.

Bloating is a pretty common symptom of both candida and irritable bowel syndrome. Even if you eat healthily, you could still be eating the wrong types of foods for these conditions, particularly IBS. Check out some IBS websites and see if that describes you. Acne is also a symptom of both of those things. In both cases, you want to go easy on your GI tract as it's sensitive (either naturally or because it's trying to deal with eliminating too much yeast). So limit your consumption of raw veggies and insoluble fiber (like whole grains) and make sure you have a soluble fiber base to most of your meals. If you think it's Candida though, you should go easy on the complex carbs, as sugar just feeds the yeast.

can't beer bloat you? You aren't eating any grains? Ever been to a gasterenterologist to see why your bloating? Maybe you have some sort of food intolerance. Hmm, I know that sometimes (raw) cruciferous or brassica veggies (spinach, cabbage, broccoli, collards, etc) can do this people, maybe thats it. Couple of reasons here but a doctor may help you figure it out.

Best wishes

If you think it's Candida though, you should go easy on the complex carbs, as sugar just feeds the yeast.

Hey, just thought I'd say this forums rocks.

I wish I'd found out about it earlier.

I'm going to go to the doctors tomorrow to ask him.

I'm starting to think my acne is effectively a result of a high sebum production (due to an increase in the male hormone) and some sort of food intolerance which is clogging up the sebum canals.

Bloating can also be a sign of lactose intolerance. I used to work with a developmentally disbled Japanese man who was very small, but when he ate dairy, his stomach looked like it had a rubber ball inside it.

can't beer bloat you?  You aren't eating any grains?  Ever been to a gasterenterologist to see why your bloating?  Maybe you have some sort of food intolerance.  Hmm, I know that sometimes (raw) cruciferous or brassica veggies (spinach, cabbage, broccoli, collards, etc) can do this people, maybe thats it.  Couple of reasons here but a doctor may help you figure it out.

Best wishes

Hi there,

I'm not sure if you still follow up on the responses from your post, but I wanted to let you know about something I read recently.

First off, it would be important to see a doctor, as others mentioned.

I read an article the other day about mercury toxicity in the body, and one of the symptoms in bloating, a round stomach, almost like a pregnancy( for women).

Other symptoms can include fatigue, depression, etc. Mercury toxicity can be caused by eating certain types of tuna and fish, and perhaps other ways as well.

I would not want to say this is what you have, because I am not very knowledgeable about it yet, and it is important that it be diagnosed by a professional since symptoms that are similar can be pointing toward something completely different, but I thought this was worth mentioning.

Hope it helps. :)

Li