Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevenGerrard

Scarring is getting worse from using BP

Sorry...i'm not trying to scare anyone but although bp gel has cleared me 100%, I know that i'm gonna have to come of it because its causing me to scar very badly (boxcar, ice-pick scars). Also my skin looks very lifeless these days - like it just can't take any more of the bp.

I've been using it for 18 months now. Its just a simple routine of bp at night followed by l'oreal pure zone anti-regreasing moisturiser. In the morning its just the moisturiser on its own. I use a LOT of bp, but also a lot of moisturiser to try and counter the negative effects of it.

I've become dependant on a product which is destroying my skin, and i don't think that i have the courage to come of it just yet. The worst thing is that the scarring is getting worse and will continue to do so until i come of bp.

Wo. BP does not scar the skin. I would definitely go see your dermatologist right away to see if he/she can address what has happened to your skin.

It is premature to make a cause-effect statement before analyzing all of the variables. Perhaps your acne became more severe in the past 18 months, thus causing scarring. Perhaps you have been picking more. If it is not one of these variables, perhaps it is another that you have not thought of yet.

I don't want people thinking that bp scars the skin, however.

Dan

Just a thought...

I kind of had a theory that if you rub the bp into the skin too hard to get it done faster than you might knock off some whiteheads etc that wern't ready yet, and thus leave a small scar. Maybe if you were gentler and took your time it would be better.

no...your missing the point. As i said above, the bp got me 100% clear within a few months of using it. I don't get acne anymore (maybe 1 or two small spots a month), and i certainly don't pick at my skin as i have no need to.

BP can have horrible effects on different peoples skin, while i dont think it scarred me, I was killing my skin using it. Im sure it is effective for many, stopping their pimples perhaps at the expense of dry and slightly damaged skin, but for many others I think BP really doesnt react well and can lead to bigger problems.

Many times ive broken out and though, fuck this im going back on the BP, but eventually manages to reason with myself and didnt bother. I would rather go the meds route.

My advise to you, since you feel BP is killing your skin also, is to start a course of medication and wean off the bp. Have you thought about B5? it works for many, I think im strating to see results from it after 6 or so weeks. Im now taking half of the regular dose at 5 grams a day.