Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Minnym0use

Cutest girl at camp dates guy with scars

The nicest, cutest, smartest girl at camp this summer dated a guy with terrible acne scars. He has so many other qualities. This just says something doesn't it?

Guest Keeley

yeah, that personality counts and NOT looks! What I have been saying all along lol! eusa_whistle.gif

Guest Shjaker

I dont mean to sound sexist or something, but when was the last time you heard a story about a girl with terrible acne or scars get the cutest, smartest, nicest guy?

I've found it's usually harder for girls with acne.

We're almost expected to be perfect.

I'm not speaking for everyone in the world, but you have to admit it.

I dont mean to sound sexist or something, but when was the last time you heard a story about a girl with terrible acne or scars get the cutest, smartest, nicest guy?

Guest Shjaker
My point about the scars is that everyone frets about them now and maybe it isn't worth all the fretting.  ?

The nicest, cutest, smartest girl at camp this summer dated a guy with terrible acne scars.  He has so many other qualities.  This just says something doesn't it?

Totally agree with you there Shjaker!!! I too have seen loads of guys with acne/scars with really good looking girlfriends. However I can't say the same about girls with acne/scars dating a good looking guy...

Makes me sad.... eusa_boohoo.gif  cry.gif

Oh and MInnymouse, you can't cover up scars with makeup....red marks maybe, but not scars.  evil.gif  Trust me, I speak from experience..

By the way, not that it matters, but I DID see a couple today around my age - slightly older looking. The girl had what I'd say was moderate acne with scarring , the guy had nothing - pretty good looking guy. They were kissing in the train and talking/laughing with each other. So there's your proof it goes both ways.. But still... why should looks matter like this? If the guy instead had acne also or whatever, how does this change anything? confused.gif

The nicest, cutest, smartest girl at camp this summer dated a guy with terrible acne scars.  He has so many other qualities.  This just says something doesn't it?

Guest Shjaker
i think this situation is an exception. honestly, you won't find too many attractive girls dating guys with acne scars. I haven't seen any in my lifetime.

i'm glad for the guy with the scars dating a cute, smart, nice girl. he is a very lucky guy.

lucky guy- but its not like all us guys with scars are gunna get a cute, smart, nice girl. again with the "looks dont matter" quote. in that case, i suppose there was something deeper than just looks; but in general, that's not always the case. nice story though.

I think it is definitely tougher on us girls. Like someone already said, we are practically expected to be perfect. Guys don't want to think/know that we don't wake up looking beautiful. It takes a little time and a little make-up to look our best. It's frustrating. I remember my boyfriend's best friend talking about this one girl he used to date, saying how she was naturally gorgeous and looked beautiful even first thing in the morning. I wish I could say that about myself, but I am not that fortunate sad.gif I mean, I look pretty damn good when I'm all done up wink.gif but I would never let my boyfriend see me without make-up. At least not till this Accutane has done it's thing.

For me, looks are not as important as personality. Granted, they're still important (no one can successfully date someone they're not physically attracted too) but what draws me to a guy is his personality. My current boyfriend has fairly bad acne, not as bad as mine, but not good. But I don't give a damn about the condition of his skin. The thing that has drawn me to him for the past two years is his CONFIDENCE. Even though he is not the best looking guy, the way he carries himself makes me weak in the knees. wub.gif (But do not confuse confidence with arrogance)

So guys, keep your heads up. If a girl won't date you because she's judging you by your skin/appearance...she's not worth dating anyway.

Like someone already said, we are practically expected to be perfect.  Guys don't want to think/know that we don't wake up looking beautiful.

i think this situation is an exception. honestly, you won't find too many attractive girls dating guys with acne scars. I haven't seen any in my lifetime.

i'm glad for the guy with the scars dating a cute, smart, nice girl. he is a very lucky guy.

i disagree with the 'its worser for girls than guys thing?' We are all different, I'm sure a lot of people don't have severe permanent scars. I've handled it bad and I've handled this mess of my life badly. I've never been in a relationship. Its not worse for girld at all.